Respected Contributor

For those who might be interested in watching...Netflix has made the movie Mudbound based on the wonderful book many of us have read.  It released yesterday and stars Mary J. Blige.  I thought it was good...not nearly as good as the book...but good.  

Honored Contributor

Wow. Loved the book.

Trusted Contributor

When I read your post, the title "Mudbound" did ring a bell in my memory.  It made me curious, so I read the plot summary on Amazon, and I still wasn't sure.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt I HAD read this.  I dimmly thought  I may even have reviewed it on Amazon.

I looked back into my "account" there and saw that I have only written 8 reviews, for a variety of products, only 2 books, one of which was indeed "Mudbound".  What made me laugh hysterically, was that I wrote the book was beautiful, and "truly unforgettable."

Granted, I read this book in 2008, I think the review said, and I do read a great deal, and it was apparently a library book, so I don't have it on my personal bookshelf to jar my memory of it, but still.  My memory has gotten so bad!!!

Well, apparently I now have the movie to look forward to, and obviously it will all be fresh and new to me and I won't know how it will end.  I take solace in that, I guess, while my memory keeps going downhill.