Valued Contributor

Mr. Mercedes Television Series

For all those who enjoy Stephen King, the first book in his Hodges trilogy, Mr. Mercedes will be aired as a series on Direct TV, Channel 239.  The premiere is Wednesday, August 9 at 8:00 ( no time zone noted)

There will be 10 episodes.

There are two other books in this group:  Finders Keepers and End of Watch.

Our book club read all three books and found that Mr. Mercedes and End of Watch superior to the middle book.

I am wondering if the other two titles will be part of subsequent seasons.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mr. Mercedes Television Series

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed these books and look forward to the Directv series. The first two books were my favorites though.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Enjoyed all 3 books. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pateacher wrote:

For all those who enjoy Stephen King, the first book in his Hodges trilogy, Mr. Mercedes will be aired as a series on Direct TV, Channel 239.  The premiere is Wednesday, August 9 at 8:00 ( no time zone noted)

There will be 10 episodes.

There are two other books in this group:  Finders Keepers and End of Watch.

Our book club read all three books and found that Mr. Mercedes and End of Watch superior to the middle book.

I am wondering if the other two titles will be part of subsequent seasons.

@pateacher- I loved the 3-book series! I agree that the first and last books were the best, but I did enjoy the middle one as well.

I don't get Direct TV. I wonder how I'll be able to watch the trilogy? Any suggestions?

PS I did subscribe to Hulu just so I could watch 11-22-63, based on another Stephen King book which I just LOVED! That was in March, and I still have Hulu even though I thought I was going to cancel it after I watched the series lol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

THANKS!!!  I couldn't put the book down.  It's the only S King book I've ever read.

Trusted Contributor

@pateacher,

Many thanks for the information. Since my mother's name I is on the book I must read it or listen to it if it is in Audible🌻

Super Contributor

Darn it!! I won't be able to see it!  I had never even read Stephen King before this series! I completely agree with your book club regarding  the 2nd book! It wasn't nearly as good as the 1st and 3rd books and I actually had hard time getting through it. Smiley Frustrated 

Valued Contributor

@bella-luna and @sunala

I looked to see if maybe Hulu would carry this.

The best advice I found was that a DVD might be released after the production and that libraries might have it on loan.

Hate to be the bearer of sad news.  What a disappointment to the legions of Stephen King readers out there.

Boo, Direct TV!!!!!

Super Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

@bella-luna and @sunala

I looked to see if maybe Hulu would carry this.

The best advice I found was that a DVD might be released after the production and that libraries might have it on loan.

Hate to be the bearer of sad news.  What a disappointment to the legions of Stephen King readers out there.

Boo, Direct TV!!!!!

Haha...yeah, boo! Of course, wouldn't you know we just switched from DirecTV (to Comcast) about 4 months ago! I also did a little digging and came up with diddly! Maybe Amazon will have it somewhere down the road? Or Netflix? Oh well! You'll just have to give us a review! Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a little pi$$ed at Stephen King for giving this film such a small audience. Direct TV isn't even an option for me, as I have Cablevision.

I subscribed to Hulu when 11/22/63 came out and I had to see it. It was well worth the money I spent (and am still spending, as I never cancelled Hulu).

I would subscribe to netflix or another service if it came out, but I'm not switching my entire cable for it.

Hopefully, as a poster said, it will come out on DVD once it's been shown.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett