Trusted Contributor

Re: MAY 2023 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@Judaline 

I got the impression it was a real love/hate relationship to put it mildly.

They were obsessed with each other but their arguments were over the top.  Both were real heavy drinkers. 

Even when they were in other relationships, they would still meet up. 

Sinatra was devastated when she died. 

I don't think I've seen any of her movies.  Will have to check out Netflix.

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Judaline 

I got the impression it was a real love/hate relationship to put it mildly.

They were obsessed with each other but their arguments were over the top.  Both were real heavy drinkers. 

Even when they were in other relationships, they would still meet up. 

Sinatra was devastated when she died. 

I don't think I've seen any of her movies.  Will have to check out Netflix.

Sounds like what I thought. 

You might try The Killers. It was her first starring role and she made quite an impression with the movie  going public. I read that she had to go thru a lot of diction /language lessons because her southern accent was so terribly thick. That may have been in the book? And when asked her name she would say, AHHVA GAHDNUH all in one word, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I really enjoyed Here to Stay. I remember telling everyone to read it when it first came out.

@Janey2 Oh good to hear. I plan to start it today on my lunch hour!!!

Honored Contributor

The Last Thing He Told Me, by Laura Dave.

Hannah and Owen are finding their way to make this new marriage work with his 16 year old daughter and all the usual teenage dramas.  The one thing they have for sure is Owen's unmistakable enduring love for both of them.  Hannah and Bailey find themselves unexpectedly abandoned one day out of the blue and secrets upon more secrets start coming known.  What Hannah hangs on to is a note delivered to her door from Owen at the beginning of their world falling apart  that says "protect her."  Thus begins trying to find out what happened to Owen, is he a part of the downfall of the company he works for and what exactly happened to Bailey's mother and her family when she was a toddler.

My local librarian told me last week that she loved this book so much that after reading the library copy she went out and purchased it for her own stash at home.  I did shed tears when I finished it this morning.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 , The Last Thing He Told Me is now a series starring Jennifer Garner.  I don't know the ending but I am watching it now.  FYI.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@beckyb1012 , The Kast Thing He Told Me is now a series starring Jennifer Garner.  I don't know the ending but I am watching it now.  FYI.  LM

@Lilysmom1  I just saw that yesterday while doing more research about the author.  I watched the trailer and was so engrossed.  Her husband looks so Hot!!  Thanks

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Just finished NYPD Red 6 by James Patterson.  Not as good as the earlier ones IMO.  3.5/5 * for me.  LM

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The Last Thing He Told Me, by Laura Dave.

Hannah and Owen are finding their way to make this new marriage work with his 16 year old daughter and all the usual teenage dramas.  The one thing they have for sure is Owen's unmistakable enduring love for both of them.  Hannah and Bailey find themselves unexpectedly abandoned one day out of the blue and secrets upon more secrets start coming known.  What Hannah hangs on to is a note delivered to her door from Owen at the beginning of their world falling apart  that says "protect her."  Thus begins trying to find out what happened to Owen, is he a part of the downfall of the company he works for and what exactly happened to Bailey's mother and her family when she was a toddler.

My local librarian told me last week that she loved this book so much that after reading the library copy she went out and purchased it for her own stash at home.  I did shed tears when I finished it this morning.

@beckyb1012 It is on my TBR List!!!!!!Sounds very good..

Honored Contributor

Just finished Here to Stay by Mark Edwards. It was sooo good!!!!! Wow The ending!!!

I am now starting The Secrets We Keep by Kate Hewitt...

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

Just finished NYPD Red 6 by James Patterson.  Not as good as the earlier ones IMO.  3.5/5 * for me.  LM

@Lilysmom1 

I felt the same after I had finished the sixth book in the series. I really hate a bunch of whining and I felt as if this book had degraded down to more of their personal lives, with a lot of angst, and a little bit of action.

I read NYPD Red 7 a few books back. This one was written only by the secondary author Marshal Karp, no James Patterson.

I really enjoyed it.