Honored Contributor

Re: MAY 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

We Are Not Like Them, by Christine Pride and Jo Piazza.  Two women one black one white and have been life long friends since grade school.  One as a very supportive whole family while the other girl as a very "loose" mother who is barely home to feed her  child dinner.

One young woman shoots for the stars, college then a successful career in broadcast media.  The other only wants to be a wife and a mom, have a family that she did not have growing up.  Fast forward to 2019 and she is married with a very long awaited baby on the way.  Then one night her husband, a white Philadelphia police officer shoots his gun and an 11 year old black child is hit.  Two friends on the opposite side of their life choices, their personal lives, and their skin color.   The wife of the shooter, the reporter and an 11 year old child who was just walking down the street.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

I have read a few so-so books lately,but,let me tell you about a winner.

I just finished a first time author,T J Newman. She was a airline attendant forb10+ years. Her book,titled FALLING had me on the edge f my seat the whole time. It's about a pilot who's flying from L A to N Y. He gets a message that states that if he does not crash the plane,killing everyone his family will be murdered. He's set pictures of his family with hoods and tied up. 
This book was one of the best I have read in a while. It never gets boring,as a matter of fact it just kept getting better,and kept me on the edge of my chair Hope this isn't beginners luck and any more she writes are as good. Check it out,you won't be disappointed!

@Epicurean This is on my TBR List!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

candle queen,the only part I was a little disappointed in was the World Series part. But that was a short part.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished My Little Girl by Shalini Boland, again the auther gives us another gripping story that will have you on he edge of your seat!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished My Little Girl by Shalini Boland, again the auther gives us another gripping story that will have you on he edge of your seat!

@CareBears Yes, another really good one! Read this one last month...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished reading a book that I have anticipated reading for quite a while. The Investigator (Letty Davenport Novel) by John Sanford. The book did not disappoint. Letty is the female version of Lucas Davenport from The Prey Series, the early years before he settled down. (smile) If you have not read The Prey Series you will not be lost as the book stands on its own. John Sanford does an excellent job of giving background history of Letty, throughout the book so you are well aware of what circumstances have shaped her. The book starts out in first gear and then you hit a section and it just takes off into the stratosphere. I had a hard time putting the book down.

I look forward to the second book in this new series. 

Respected Contributor

Two more books read this amd last week that were fast reading.

The Photographer by Mary Dixie Carter - psych fiction which I don't read that often.  It was pretty good.

Living With Chickens - Ginnine Josete - a hilarious funny novel. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Run Rose Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson, I enjoyed this book. It follows a woman who wants to break into country music, meeting obstacles along the way and meeting her guardian angels who vow to protect her and help her  along on her journey, when the nightmare of her past catches up with her!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished No One to trust by Melody Carlson. this was action packed from start to finish, I really enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

In "Sisters First," Jenna and Barbara share stories about their family, their unexpected adventures, their loves and losses, and the sisterly bond that means everything to them.  "Sisters First" is a thoughtful, and deeply personal tour behind the scenes of their lives.