Honored Contributor

Re: MAY 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Delphine Jones Takes A Chance, by Beth Morrey.  This author wrote the wonderful book a couple of years ago many of us loved, The Love Story Of Missy Carmichael.   

Delphine is a wonderful student during her early school years and will no doubt exceed when she goes to higher education.  However, falling in love and being a teenager can lead to being a single mom.  While also being the caregiver of her bereaved father since her Mom passed unexpectedly at the age of 13.  Now Delphine has this amazing brilliant 11 year old daughter and Delphine wants more for both of them.  Is she strong enough to finish her education and take chances on other important areas of her life?  Love again and as an adult woman and not a 16 year old child?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I read "THE LADY WITH THE GUN ASKS THE QUESTIONS" by Kerry Greenwood.  This is a book of 17 short stories, based on the Phyrne Fisher series of books.  This is the same character from the Miss Fisher Mysteries on television.  The books vary slightly from the tv series, but this particular book really didn't stray that much.  I enjoyed it.

Respected Contributor

Just read Laurie Frankel's This Is How The Way It Always Is.  I loved the plot and never read a book like this before. 

Honored Contributor

Finished THE PUSH, it was really good, and disturbing, and sad.......It was a very quick read and my 1st book by Ashley Audrain, and I would definitely read more by her. 

I think I will now start PRETTY GIRLS , by Karin Slaughter...

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Finished THE PUSH, it was really good, and disturbing, and sad.......It was a very quick read and my 1st book by Ashley Audrain, and I would definitely read more by her. 

I think I will now start PRETTY GIRLS , by Karin Slaughter...

You will love Pretty Girls.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Under A Sky of Memories by Soraya M. Lane, I enjoyed this book,  The book concentrated around 3 women who are nurses on planes during the war, along with a medic and a pilot, they flew and returned the military men who sustained serious injuries and without these medical people risking their lives, many more would have died.  The 3 nurses are assigned together and their plane is shot down, and it becomes a race to save themselves, the pilot, the medic, this is where the story picks up its speed, facing bad weather, little water and food, not to mention the Nazi's.  With all that is going on, lets not forget love,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am just checking in with my fellow readers. I have been reading Under currents by Nora Roberts. I probably had about two more days of reading left and I have (3) renewals available at the library.

I received an e-mail yesterday that two books that I have wanted to read were available for pickup, and since these are new releases they are due back in two weeks. 

I picked them up this afternoon and have started reading The Investigator by John Sanford.  I will circle back to Nora Roberts, when I finish The Investigator and Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, Daddy by Jonathan Parks-Ramage was an interesting read for me and my first LGQT book.  It was hard to read in places because of some of the gay scenes with men but overall a good read.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

I listened to Summer at the Cape, by RaeAnne Thayne. It was okay.   I'm not sure what didn't grab me.....maybe the reader's voice???  

I listened to Just in Time, by Marie Bostwick. I loved it. Second chances, friendship,  moving on from loss, and many other themes were relatable .  Investigating more of her books. 

I'm reading The Wait, by Joanne DeMaio.  LOVING IT, as I have all her books. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

I have read a few so-so books lately,but,let me tell you about a winner.

I just finished a first time author,T J Newman. She was a airline attendant forb10+ years. Her book,titled FALLING had me on the edge f my seat the whole time. It's about a pilot who's flying from L A to N Y. He gets a message that states that if he does not crash the plane,killing everyone his family will be murdered. He's set pictures of his family with hoods and tied up. 
This book was one of the best I have read in a while. It never gets boring,as a matter of fact it just kept getting better,and kept me on the edge of my chair Hope this isn't beginners luck and any more she writes are as good. Check it out,you won't be disappointed!