Honored Contributor

Re: MAY 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Finished My Little Girl by Shalini Boland, it was good, but not one of her best to me. It took a little too long to get going...Now onto Alex Cross, Run!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Just finished AT THE QUIET EDGE,by V.H. Stone. A story about a single mom working and living at a storage unit. A pretty good mystery W/ lots of surprises. 
Now I'm reading a second book of a series,THE BOOK WOMANS DAUGHTER by K.M. Richardson. The first book was titled THE BOOKWOMAN OF TROUBLESOME CREEK. These books are written about woman in Kentucky who bring books to hill people who otherwise would not have access to reading material. They were actually women who did this at one time. These are two of the best written books I have ever read. Will check out her others later. Believe me,you won't be disappointed  in these great books! Check them out! 👍

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished How Sweet It is by Dylan Newton, this was a sweet funny book to read, I enjoyed it very much!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished For your Own Good by Samantha Downing, this book was pretty good!  A Private School is brought into National Headlines when murders are occurring at too rapid a pace to be a coincidence, are there more than one murderer, and the victims are they picked at random or on purpose?

Respected Contributor

I read Nine Lives by Peter Swanson.  I know it gets mixed reviews but I thought it was his best since The Kind Worth Killing.  Nine People get a list with their name on it and then they start getting murdered.  It seems like it might be a rip off of Agatha Christie.  I didn't think so.  It switches viewpoints between all the characters but I never had a problem keeping them straight.  I found the book completely engaging, with a satisfying ending..  

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean , I didn't realize the second book was out; will surely get it. The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek was one of my favorite books.

Just finished The Keeper of Happy Endings by Barbara Davis. It starts out in an exclusive bridal salon in Paris furing WWII, then follows the title character to present day. From start to finish, it was a happy read, even though there were some difficult parts during the war. I needed to read something upbeat and this fit that bill. I usually try to make a book last a couple weeks, only reading a few chapters a day, but couldn't put this one down.

Honored Contributor

The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews.  I love books set in beachy settings and figured this would be kind of the same and typical.  Well, it was set in a beachy type setting but was a whole lot more!  Very engaging and you won't be able to put it down! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Younger Wife. Sally Hepworth

Almost a Whisper. Priscilla Masters

Watch Her Disappear. Lisa Regan

Insomnia. Sarah Pinborough

The Widow. K.L. Slater

Frozen Charlotte Priscilla Masters

These Silent Woods. Kimi Cunningham Grant

Trusted Contributor

Angelpuppy1, I have read so many of her books! They are not very deep,but entertaining and fun. I've loved them all.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Southern Side of Paradise by Kristy Woodson Harvey, this was a very heartwarming book, that had me in tears in a couple of moments.