Honored Contributor

Re: MARCH 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Not All Diamonds And Rosé : the inside story of the Real Housewives from the people who lived it, by Dave Quinn.
I stopped watching long long ago so far back I have never seen an episode of Atlanta, Miami or even from my home state of Texas the Dallas Housewives.  But when I did watch for several years I was hooked.  So I checked out this book and started this morning learning what was really happening by the people who were there.  Some saw moments different than others.  Most all housewives contributed to this book including Andy and all the producers.  It started with the creator moving in next door in Coto to Jeana and the journey began.  I was so involved in this book this morning when I looked at my clock I jumped, I was going to be late for work and I started the book at 4:00 a.m.
@sunshine45 you may want to read this book for your t.v. forum followers.  It is really good.
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I am now reading The Bad Seed! I have seen the movie several times, but never read the book.....Wow! The movie really followed the book very well, I am about 1/2 through!!! Little Rhoda sure is something!!!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN just finished tonight,valeri bertinelli s bio.was not that impressed with it.she made it clear,she was still in love with her 1st husband eddy after their divorce.in the book,she acts like the grieving widow.at the time of eddy death,he was separated from his wife as well

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I have been in some sort of reading slump for the last few days. I started a book on Friday, read several chapters and just decided that I did not want to read it anymore. It was not even a bad book. I just was not in the mood for that book at this time.

I started another book, but I can't get into it. I really do want to read this book, so I am just putting it to the side in the hopes that I snap out of it in a few days.

I will start another book tonight. Hopefully the third time is the charm. 

OMgosh, did I write this? Because it sounds exactly like what I did this past week. Now finally found one that holds my interest. It's one of those you see at the library (and they even had large print!!!) and just 'think I'll read the first page.' It just sounded like it would be something I'd like to know about. It's good. The Tatooist of Auschwitz.  So far nothing grisly.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline  the tattooist of Auschwitz is part of a three book series. There is Cilka's Journey and Three Sisters.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't read "The Bad Seed" if you're thinking about having children. After reading that book, I'm glad I never had any, the child was that terrible. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Judaline  the tattooist of Auschwitz is part of a three book series. There is Cilka's Journey and Three Sisters.

Really?? Did you read the series? Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Haven't been here in a while,guess because my choice of books have been poor 🤪.

my first was great,GOLDEN POPPIES,by Laila Ibrahim. It was a third in a series about civil war,slaves and friends between a slave and the masters daughter. There excellent reading. It went downhill, from there.Read a Hoffman book,who I usually like. SECOND NATURE was title,a big disappointment.Then two books by Amelia Addler,about an island off wash. State,both pretty boring.

So I went with John Irving,thought I couldn't go wrong with him. I was wrong,again.almost finished with his book,THE FORTH HAND. About a television journalist who has his hand bitten off, on camera by a lion,and the woman who donated her late husbands hand. Could not believe it could be so bad!

Hope my next choices are at least somewhat better!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not yet. Many friends told me they are not to be missed. Will get to them. @Judaline 

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Before And Again by Barbara Delinsky, I enjoyed this book, it was a deep book, which had me looking at my own personal life! I will only highlight several aspects of the story but to understand them you will need to read the book!  How can any relationship survive a tragedy?  How can a painful past ever be forgiven, when the pain is an everyday reminder?  Can someone change their appearance to hide in a world full of people?  Can a 15 year old be held accountable for his crime when all he was looking for was answers to he really is?  Can a whole community embrace someone who has never revealed her true self to anyone?