Esteemed Contributor

Re: MARCH 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I read "Three Sisters" by Heather Morris. It's the story of a family during WW 2 and German occupation. 
  The young girls were told by their grandfather to always watch out for each other. It's a story of love and sacrifice during extreme situations. 
   I didn't know when I read it that it's based on a true story.It's the best book I've read in awhile. 
             📚📕👓

Valued Contributor

Recent new find & a delightful story~The Brilliant Life of Eudora Honeysett. Check it out! Just starting The Christie Affair.
Respected Contributor

Just finished A Million Reasons Why by Jessica Strawser.  I either love or hate her books and this one falls in between.  It wasn't slow but it took me longer than usual to read for some reason.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished I See You by Patricia Macdonald!  This was good, but a gut wrenching topic!  Parents have to keep telling themselves over and over, you can raise your children with all the love,support, loving them unconditionally, but once they are on their own,making their own decisions, their lives and mistakes are their own, and sometimes parents have to stop thinking of their grown children as their babies, and stop making excuses for their choices! And sometimes even removing them in their lives, before they start to cause problems in your relationships, to let them go to try to make it on their own, instead of providing a safety net to always run home too!

Honored Contributor

Finished Cross Fire by James Patterson, it was really good- I love the Alex Cross Series!!!!!

Not sure what I will read next, but probably a Shalini Boland book- I am hooked on her books right now.

Trusted Contributor

I read Diary of a Mad Diva by Joan Rivers. I had forgotten how politically incorrect she was. It was kind of like reading material from her comedy routine more so than an actual book. Maybe it was something that she just slapped together. We did see her in person once as she appeared on our local area. I'm glad we had the experience.

I also read I'll Never Change My Name by Valintin Chmerkovskiy. Since he is from Ukraine I thought it might give me some insight on that country. I was surprised as the book was better than I anticipated although he is a rather cocky young man and he mentioned a couple of things that were better kept to himself. But I did find some insight into his creative process which I found interesting especially as I don't consider myself creative or artistic at all.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished Just One Look by Harlan  Coben, very good book!  Hard to explain without going into too much of the story, just trust me it was a page turner and hard to put down!

Trusted Contributor

I was on vacation last week and read If I Run and If I Die by Terri Blackstock.  They were both recommended on the series forum.  The action in both books was great and the main character is very smart.  I am a religious person and yet I thought the religious lessons in the books were a little heavy, but did add another aspect to the story.  It just could have been less preachy.  I will read the third in the series, If I Live, but first I have to read Jefferson's Daughters by Catherine Kerrison for my book club next week. 

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I was on vacation last week and read If I Run and If I Die by Terri Blackstock.  They were both recommended on the series forum.  The action in both books was great and the main character is very smart.  I am a religious person and yet I thought the religious lessons in the books were a little heavy, but did add another aspect to the story.  It just could have been less preachy.  I will read the third in the series, If I Live, but first I have to read Jefferson's Daughters by Catherine Kerrison for my book club next week. 

I loved that series-didn't find the religious aspect heavy. I loved how the protagonist was always one step ahead of the cops because she watches all the crime shows, lol.

Honored Contributor

Starting The Secret Mother, by Shalini Boland!!!!!!

It sounds like another good one!