Respected Contributor

Re: MARCH 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@icezeus I've had several ppl from my library requesting Ron Howard and his brother Clint bio.not to mention valeri bertinellis newest

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished I See You by Clare Macintosh, WoW what a wild ride, again this was a book that had me flipping pages so fast, thought I it had all wrapped up, but the last page was a Zinger of an ending!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears That was a really good book!

Respected Contributor

This book is social history at its best and it also amply illustrates that there is more to history than wars, treaties, and presidents. If you're a baseball fan, then buy the book. It is that good.

Esteemed Contributor

I finished "The Dark Hours." by Michael Connelly, a Renee Ballard book. Bosch is also in it, though has a minor part; it's almost all Ballard. 

I like the way the character has developed throughout the series. Connelly has brought some scenes of reality in the book, like Covid, defunding police, etc. It's not enough to hurt the novel, as he works these events in as part of the story and doesn't make it a distraction.  Another winner by Connelly!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have just wrapped up The Night is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10) by Heather Graham. It's not for everyone but I enjoy the series. It's a combination of a murder mystery, paranormal and a little bit of a romance. 

Respected Contributor

I read The Accomplice by Lisa Lutz and agree with @Janey2's review from last month.  The characters are strange and not really likable.  It pulled me in but I'm not sure why i kept reading it.  The ending was flat.  I don't recommend it and I'm a little surprised at all the positive reviews. 

@dawgloveryour friend was right.  You can skip this one.    

Esteemed Contributor

Just finnished Drowning With Others by Kinda Keir, this was a complicated murder mystery that takes place by a prestigious Prep school,  A group of kids go to Loomis Lake to restore tradition from years ago, but when one student finds blood on his foot curiosity makes him dive back into the lake to see what had caused his injury,  When he finds a car, and opens the door he finds a skeleton  behind the steering wheel, who is it, and how long has this skeleton and car been in the lake?

Respected Contributor

I read The Christie Affair by Nina de Gramont and was surprised by how much I liked it.  The main character is not Agatha Christie, but Nan O'Dea.  She is a fictional character based on Nancy Neele, the mistress of Archie Christie.  It's Nan's story, but how the author intersects Nan's fictional story with the real life Agatha Christie's disappearance for 11 days is very creative.  I really enjoyed this one.  

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012   I did like the end of "I Wish You Were Here".  At one point I couldn't put it down. The Author's notes at the end were interesting. 
             📚📕📗