Respected Contributor

Re: MARCH 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Before And Again by Barbara Delinsky, I enjoyed this book, it was a deep book, which had me looking at my own personal life! I will only highlight several aspects of the story but to understand them you will need to read the book!  How can any relationship survive a tragedy?  How can a painful past ever be forgiven, when the pain is an everyday reminder?  Can someone change their appearance to hide in a world full of people?  Can a 15 year old be held accountable for his crime when all he was looking for was answers to he really is?  Can a whole community embrace someone who has never revealed her true self to anyone?

@CareBears 

I read this recently and it was on my shelf for years. I love her books and this one was no exception. 

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:
Not All Diamonds And Rosé : the inside story of the Real Housewives from the people who lived it, by Dave Quinn.
I stopped watching long long ago so far back I have never seen an episode of Atlanta, Miami or even from my home state of Texas the Dallas Housewives.  But when I did watch for several years I was hooked.  So I checked out this book and started this morning learning what was really happening by the people who were there.  Some saw moments different than others.  Most all housewives contributed to this book including Andy and all the producers.  It started with the creator moving in next door in Coto to Jeana and the journey began.  I was so involved in this book this morning when I looked at my clock I jumped, I was going to be late for work and I started the book at 4:00 a.m.
@sunshine45 you may want to read this book for your t.v. forum followers.  It is really good.

@beckyb1012 

thanks so much for the recommendation. i will check it out. sounds like a good book to read at the beach!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am excited to go to the library tomorrow and pick up the new Donna Leon book, GIVE UNTO OTHERS and the new David Rosenfelt book, CITIZEN K-9.

I just read Rhys Bowen's new book in the Molly Murphy series, WILD IRISH ROSE.  It wasn't her best book ever, but it was nice to see the characters again, after a lapse of five years.

I have been reading a new to me thriller police series, the Roy Grace mysteries by author Peter James.  I've read the first five, and they are really good.  Each book is 500-600 pages, but through skillful writing, they move fast and don't drag, unlike many other long books.  The first book in the series is DEAD SIMPLE.  If you like books by Peter Robinson or Ian Rankin, I think you'll like these books too.

Respected Contributor

Finished Susan Wiggs ARC Sugar and Salt.  A really good book. I wanted more about the main characters present life more than her past but the past was the main plot.

Respected Contributor

Despite an almost total lack of sex, violence and foul language, "The Lincoln Highway" moves along at a compelling pace. There is a smattering of philosophy, a touch of Greek mythology and Shakespeare is not forgotten. I did not want the book to end. In no sense is this book a thriller and yet tension does exist.  "The Lincoln Highway" is completely different from Amor Towles' earlier books, but still very enjoyable. 

Trusted Contributor

I read Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar

and Gwendy's Final Task by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar.

I actually read the first two previously but I needed to refresh my memory before reading the final installation in the series.

If you enjoy Stephen King I think you will like the series.

Speaking of King I wonder where Lily's Mom is I know she was a fan of his writing too.

Plus she always posted beautiful garden photos. I would miss those if she is gone from here.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

I finished The Bad Seed, of course knew the ending as I had seen the original several times, and both the remakes as well. It seems there are several endings to this story! Anyway the book was really good, and the original movie followed the book closely.....Rhoda sure was something else.....

Not sure what I will read next, but most likely a Shalini Boland book, or James Patterson, as I am reading all of the Alex Cross Series!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished The Hidden by Heather Graham. I really enjoy all of her books!  This book starts out with a woman taking a picture of an elk with the mountains in the background, but when she show the picture to friends of hers, the look on their faces says something else, a look of horror.  When she takes the camera back, and looks for the picture of the elk, it has vanished and in its place a picture of 2 dead bodies, one of a man and the other of a woman, she swears she never took the photo and had never even saw the dead bodies!  This is where the story becomes interesting ans kind of spooky. The Krew of Hunters are called in for their help.  They are  an elite group of FBI agents that have and incredible talent to see and hear what others my not, namely ghosts!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Garden Of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman, Very good book>  Yes it gives gardening tips,but it was so heartwarming it tugged at my heartstrings.  A master gardener advertises for a class Gardening 101 welcome to everyone,  The people who show up are from all walks of life.  As the weeks go on they learn more about one another and grow together as unlikely friendships grow, and even a little romance blooms too!

@CareBears 

I've loved all of her books so far.  She has a new one coming out in May.

@SWEET @CareBears 

thank u so much... this book is fun fun fun and i'm a gardner too (trying to fight off squirrels - hoping to get tips) i'm halfway through .... Definitely an author i will add to my list

Honored Contributor

Starting The Wife by Shalini Boland today!!!!!