Esteemed Contributor

We have recently discovered him and the books and videos by Agatha Christie. We are really enjoying them.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
Frequent Contributor

I have loved Agatha Christie books since I was a kid. I remember giving an oral book report (but I can't remember which novel it was) that featured Poirot. I repeatedly pronounced his name "Her-Q-lee Poy-rott". At the end of the report, my teacher said it was pronounced "Air-Q Pwah-roh". I didn't say disagree, but remember thinking silently that she must be wrong! Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

Love all of Agatha Christie's books - I have read them all over the years - Poirot, Miss Marple, etc.

There is an author (last name Hannah) who has written some Periot books recently.  Not as good as Christie, but I enjoyed them.

Valued Contributor

I envy you! Agatha Christie's mysteries are so great. Enjoy.

My mother read them all and I would read them after her. We passed on the love of those novels to my daughter. Poirot is her favorite. Miss Marple is mine.

I also enjoy the many movie and tv recreations of her works. The actor David Suchet as Poirot is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@QsMom When I read those books as a teenager, I said his name just like you did. I love how Alex Trebec pronounces it perfectly when it comes up on Jeopardy.

Contributor

I am in the process of trying to read all of the Poirot series in order!  So far some books are better than others, but overall I enjoy it.  I'm also reading Laurie King's series about Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell.