Trusted Contributor

Loving the new JA Janice book

from the JP Beaumont series, “Sins of the Father’s”. It’s #24 in this particular series. I have read her other 2 series, but I think this might be the first I’ve read from this one. Absolutely excellent (terrific ending and memorable last line in the book). I intend to go backwards now and read 1-23 in the series. I highly recommend this one to all who enjoy mystery/suspense/thrillers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Loving the new JA Janice book

@joannecha I love Jance's books and am a big fan of Beaumont!

Trusted Contributor

I have read all of J. A. Jance's mystery series, and the J. P. Beaumont books are my favorite.  Book #1 is so good!

Respected Contributor

Ok, sounds like huge endorsements. Can you fans tell me is the series on the violent side of mystery or the lighter side. Any humor? I enjoy mysteries but not scary, violent types.

I am a fan of Victoria Thompson for instance.

Your thoughts? Thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Ok, sounds like huge endorsements. Can you fans tell me is the series on the violent side of mystery or the lighter side. Any humor? I enjoy mysteries but not scary, violent types.

Your thoughts? Thanks!!!

———————————

I have mostly read her Joanna Brady series about a sheriff in southern Arizona, which I consider to be more on the lighter side. I enjoy reading about familiar areas, they even went to my Costco once LOL. I read her first “thriller” quite a few years ago: *Hour of the Hunter” I think it was and it was too intense for me. I just noticed an Ali Reynolds series that I might try. On a side note, the author is a hoot, I’ve seen her several times. 

Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld  - I've read all her books, and I would say they are more intense than a cozy mystery but less intense than a thriller.  Somewhere in the middle, I guess.  They are not humorous mysteries, although they might have a light tone at times.

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@wonderfulworld  - I've read all her books, and I would say they are more intense than a cozy mystery but less intense than a thriller.  Somewhere in the middle, I guess.  They are not humorous mysteries, although they might have a light tone at times.

Thank you dawg lover...will give the series a try.

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Your thoughts? Thanks!!!

———————————

I have mostly read her Joanna Brady series about a sheriff in southern Arizona, which I consider to be more on the lighter side. I enjoy reading about familiar areas, they even went to my Costco once LOL. I read her first “thriller” quite a few years ago: *Hour of the Hunter” I think it was and it was too intense for me. I just noticed an Ali Reynolds series that I might try. On a side note, the author is a hoot, I’ve seen her several times. 

Ali Reynolds...will look it up..Thank you.

Super Contributor

I have read the Beaumont series twice and am re reading the Joanna Brady and Ali Reynolds series.  What I like the most is the way the main characters grow emotionally and physically (thinking of Beau) with each book.

J.A. Jance has a website and her weekly blogs are very interesting.

Respected Contributor

J.A. Jance is one of my top 10 favorites authors.  I like all three series, but I like the J.P. Beaumont series the best.