Esteemed Contributor

I read on her FB page that she did not plan to do a book this year.  She lost her husband to Alzheimers this year and felt quite burnt out.  She recently posted that she will be doing another book.  She felt the creative urge and went with it.  Her next book will come out in November, instead of August which was the month she usually releases them.  LM

Regular Contributor

So glad to hear that.....miss the gang at Three Pines; one of my favorite authors. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dodies, me too.  I did an executive development course that lasted six weeks in a university in Quebec while I was working.  This area was what she based the village of Three Pines on.  Just a gorgeous spot.  I feel like I am there when I read her books.  She is a favorite of mine and, as I Canadian, I admit my biasSmiley Wink.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom  she is such a wonderful writer.  I'm so sorry about her husband.  I'm looking forward to her next book.  

Respected Contributor

I just love her books and wait every year for the next Inspector Gamache adventure. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I am sorry to hear about her husband, but I am so relieved -- when I saw her name I was afraid it was going to be an announcement that another author whose books I love had died.  Thanks to all the book lovers here who share book news that I wouldn't otherwise see.

Valued Contributor

@LilysmomThanks for the heads up on the upcoming book.

I, too, love these books!

Frequent Contributor

I love the 3 Pines series, but I discovered them through audible. The series was in my top favorites of all time. The narrator was just perfect and I was immersed completely into that world during long commutes. 

Then the narrator died and was replaced for the last couple of books. I didn't even try to listen to them because I knew it wouldn't be the same (and reviewers didn't like the change).

I tried to just read the book, imagining the voices that I had grown to love in my head, but it was not the same. 

Does anyone else have this problem - starting with audio and trying a series in the written word? I love reading books, but once I hear an audio version, I can't enjoy the paper as well.

Honored Contributor

@SMA X 2wrote:

I love the 3 Pines series, but I discovered them through audible. The series was in my top favorites of all time. The narrator was just perfect and I was immersed completely into that world during long commutes. 

Then the narrator died and was replaced for the last couple of books. I didn't even try to listen to them because I knew it wouldn't be the same (and reviewers didn't like the change).

I tried to just read the book, imagining the voices that I had grown to love in my head, but it was not the same. 

Does anyone else have this problem - starting with audio and trying a series in the written word? I love reading books, but once I hear an audio version, I can't enjoy the paper as well.

Oh my goodness, yes!  I have several series that I listened to and when they changed narrators I just couldn’t get used to them. It was like a stranger taking over my beloved characters. I’m with you!