Esteemed Contributor

Expected to be released at the end of August.  Here is the title and synopsis... LM

GLASS HOUSES, book #13 in the Chief Inspector Gamache series, coming August 29, 2017!

When a mysterious figure appears in Three Pines one cold November day, Armand Gamache and the rest of the villagers are at first curious. Then wary. Through rain and sleet, the figure stands unmoving, staring ahead.

From the moment its shadow falls over the village, Gamache, now Chief Superintendent of the Sûreté du Québec, suspects the creature has deep roots and a dark purpose. Yet he does nothing. What can he do? Only watch and wait. And hope his mounting fears are not realized.

But when the figure vanishes overnight and a body is discovered, it falls to Gamache to discover if a debt has been paid or levied.

Months later, on a steamy July day as the trial for the accused begins in Montréal, Chief Superintendent Gamache continues to struggle with actions he set in motion that bitter November, from which there is no going back. More than the accused is on trial. Gamache’s own conscience is standing in judgment.

In her latest utterly gripping book, number-one New York Times bestselling author Louise Penny shatters the conventions of the crime novel to explore what Gandhi called the court of conscience. A court that supersedes all others.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Louise Penny, Next Book

[ Edited ]

I've read all of the Gamache mysteries, in order. Louise Penny is much more than a mystery writer. She is a very talented author.

I don't know if any of you subscribe to her monthly news letter. If you do, you know that Ms Penny's husband died of Alzheimer's several months ago. It was so sad. Toward the end, they moved out of their home to a place easier to take care of. She wrote lovingly of what they went through. I don't know how she was able to write during that time, unless it was her salvation.

Respected Contributor

I've read all her Gamache mysteries and could not really get into last one. Gave up reading it at  about 100 pages in. 

Many times series feel the same to me after a while.

But to all you Louise Penny fans enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW, I am a fan but some are better than others.  Was the first one Still Life? I believe it was.  That one completely drew me in!  LM

Respected Contributor

I absolutely love her books!  I have read all of them and can't wait for the next installment from Inspector Gamache and Three Pines!

Valued Contributor

Great news!  Can't wait for a new adventure with Gamache and the residents of Three Pines.

Honored Contributor

A friend just gave me a whole bunch of Louise Penny books!

I'd never heard of her and just finished my first one-Beautiful Mystery. I thought it was one of the best books I've read-she is a talented author.

I was disappointed to read reviews of the succeeding stories after this and the fate of Beauvoir. So I don't know if I want to read those but what is the one after Beautiful Mystery?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay, here are the books in order.  I posted it yesterday but somehow it disappeared!

Enjoy!  LM

Still Life (2005) Description 
A Fatal Grace (2007) 
The Cruelest Month (2008) 
The Murder Stone (2009
The Brutal Telling (2009) 
Bury Your Dead (2010) 
The Hangman (2010) 
A Trick of the Light (2011)
The Beautiful Mystery (2012
How the Light Gets In (2013) 
The Long Way Home (2014) 
The Nature of the Beast (2015) 
A Great Reckoning (2016)

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom-

Thank you so much!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

She's one of my favorite authors.   I was glad to see her release another book after her husband's death.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*