Valued Contributor
She is one of my favorite authors, too. I am on her email list and enjoy her monthly newsletter .
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

She's one of my favorite authors.   I was glad to see her release another book after her husband's death.   

That is so sad! I just read in the preface of The Murder Stone that she realized she based the character of Gamache on her husband-someone who had seen many sorrowful things but was a calm presence.

I first read the Beautiful Mystery which I loved and thank you again to @Lilysmom for giving me the order.

I enjoyed hearing comments about The 3 Pines and am starting to read about it nowSmiley Happy She is such a good writer!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@debic, I agree with you.  I am sure the loss of her husband was a tough experience.  It's good to know that she is continuing with the Three Pines.  Love the characters!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay, Happy reading!!!  Do it in order if you are able.  LM

New books similar to Louise Penny!

Hello, I read all the books, well not the last one, almost there.

I think I am going to read them all again, but do you have any other recommendations on new books like "Inspector Gamache Serie"? I love series!

Thanks

Sam

Respected Contributor

Sam, I recently recommended the Grantchester Mystery books. (The PBS series is based on these. There are six books in all, and the TV programs take us almost to the end of book two.) They need to be read in order:

1) Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death

2) Sidney Chambers and the Perils of the Night

3) Sidney Chambers and the Problem of Evil

4) Sidney Chambers and the Forgiveness of Sins

5) Sidney Chambers and the Dangers of Temptation

6) Sidney Chambers and the Persistence of Love.

The author is James Runcie.

Honored Contributor

Re: Louise Penny, Next Book

[ Edited ]

@MillValleyGirl  The Inspector Wexford series by Ruth Rendell you may like.

Esteemed Contributor

Louise Penny is in a class by herself. I have her latest book and will be reading it while I recover from knee replacement surgery. Have you read Charles Todd, or Anne Perry? Their mysteries are excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, that will be a good book to read during your recovery.  I will check out Ann Perry and Todd Charles.

Ken Follett also just published the third book in his trilogy that started with Pillars of the Earth.  The second book is World Without End and the final book is A Column of Fire.  I have read the first two and have the third in my to be read pile.  LM