Regular Contributor

Looking for a really good romance novel

I am in the mood for a romance novel that has currently been written. I probably have read most of what you all may suggest but continue to suggest them anyway. I haven’t read for a while so the more current books written I probably have not read. I do like romance history or otherwise…thank you in advance. Please suggest even non-current romance novels that are terrific. Thx
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a really good romance novel

Lisa Kleypas's Wallflower series. 
1) Secrets of a summer night

2) It happened one autumn

3) A scandal in spring

4) The devil in Winter

5) A Wallflower Christmas.

This is a historical series, and I just love it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I no longer read romance novels but I liked Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.  

Honored Contributor

I like Debbie Macomber.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette - did you hear about the QVC bookclub?  The first book will be by Debbie Macomber.  "Dear Santa"

Honored Contributor

this book came out this year and i highly recommend it. it is called A HUNDRED SWEET PROMISES by sepehr haddad.

it is a historical fiction/romance period piece that is based on a true story and set in imperial russia and in persia.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

If you like period pieces, I suggest The Bridgerton series of 8 novels by romance writer Julia Quinn, if you have not yet read them. The blockbuster Netflix Bridgerton drama series is loosely based on them, and I mean loosely, but oh so enjoyable.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Do you like Dark Romance? If you do then I would give Ana Zaires a try, and its best to read her books in order. I generally do not like the genre but some of the books I do enjoy reading.

I discovered her books when I finished the E.L. James books, so if this is not something that you want to read then do not look up Ana. 

Her Twist Me series which contains 3 books, can be difficult to read, but the other spin off series are easier to get through.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently read The Flat Share by Beth O'Leary and absolutely loved it!  Such an adorable romance with a unique premise! It was published earlier this year.

I also enjoyed Happily Letter After by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward - another more recent publication I believe.

If you are looking for something more naughty and with a taboo-ish age gap I highly recommend Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas.  

If you have ever watched YouTube, there are "booktubers" out there who specialize in book recommendations across all genres and tropes.  A couple of the ones I would encourage you to watch for romance recommendations would be:  PeaceLoveBooksxo  and LovelyLikeLaura.

Respected Contributor

I like the Dare Island series by Virginia Kantra. 

Carolina Home

Carolina Girl

Carolina Man

Carolina Blues

Carolina Dreaming