Trusted Contributor

Library book sales--hurray!!

One of the big libraries in our area is having their semi-annual used book sale at the end of this week (just in time for my birthday), so I'm making a list of books that I'd like to have. I have some collections of books from my favorite authors, and on occasion, I end up getting what I can get my hands on as far as series books go. Then I need to fill in what I don't have so book sales come in handy. They usually sell a bag full  (of romance books) for $3, or $ .50 per paperback. I love to replenish my own "stash" this way and it gives me the opportunity to branch out into different authors without breaking the bank. I will then pass on books once I read them back to my own library or to friends. I'm getting my list of books I'm looking for prepared. Happy Birthday to me

Respected Contributor

Re: Library book sales--hurray!!

Great, you get new books and support a good cause.

Trusted Contributor

I love these library used book sales too.  Hope you find some great books!

Valued Contributor

Our library is having the semi-annual book sale on Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait for this, I have my list all ready to go. 

There used to be an Altrusa book sale on Labor Day weekend, but sadly, due to lack of interest, that one was canceled.  Our local newspaper tried to revive it, but that failed as well.

I am happy the library is still doing this, and hope it continues for a long, long time

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen