Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lethal White by J.K. Rowling

I love J. K. Rowling's Cormoran Strike series. I was hooked from the very start. I was eager to read the second book, and was not disappointed. I was eager to read the third book, and felt very let down. (Not enough Cormoran and Robin!)

So I felt less interested in reading the fourth book. I was on a very long wait llist at the library, but that was okay with me. Finally, it was my turn.

Oh, was  I wrong! The story's back on track; I was enthralled. In fact, I even went out and bought the hardcover edition--it's a keeper!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lethal White by J.K. Rowling

I liked LETHAL WHITE but, man, is JK Rowling wordy.

Trusted Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I love J. K. Rowling's Cormoran Strike series. I was hooked from the very start. I was eager to read the second book, and was not disappointed. I was eager to read the third book, and felt very let down. (Not enough Cormoran and Robin!)

So I felt less interested in reading the fourth book. I was on a very long wait llist at the library, but that was okay with me. Finally, it was my turn.

Oh, was  I wrong! The story's back on track; I was enthralled. In fact, I even went out and bought the hardcover edition--it's a keeper!

I felt the same way about the 3rd book and didn't even finish it.  Thanks for the review on Lethal White.  I'll give it a try.  

Valued Contributor

So glad you liked it I read it awhile ago and loved it.yes she is wordy but I don’t mind,especially the English words! I loved the book and hope the next one comes sooner!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that she’s wordy, but I also felt like, in Lethal White at least, everything fit together in the end and there was a reason behind how she structured this particular book.

I don’t recall everything about the previous book in the series, but I do know that I also liked this one better.
Trusted Contributor

I thought "LETHAL WHITE" was her best book in the series, and despite being long, the pages flew by.  If you have not seen the tv mini-series of the first three books, I would recommend it highly.  It really brought the characters to life.

Valued Contributor

I'm so glad to read these comments.  I picked up Lethal White at the library but realized this is not the season to start that much book.  It's gone back but I've put it on my Santa list for my kids.  Can't wait to curl up with this book in quiet January