Respected Contributor

Kindle Unlimited - anyone subscribe?

Just curious if anyone uses Kindle Unlimited for reading.....it's $11.99 a month. 

I'm thinking about joining Kindle Unlimited.  I read ebooks and currently belong to my hometown library as well as Orlando FL ($125 annually), Charlotte NC ($23 annually) and Queens Public Library ($50 annually).   Would probably drop Charlotte and Queens. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kindle Unlimited - anyone subscribe?

Yes I do.   The price has gone up a bit this last month.  I find that if I get even just two books a month it's worth it.

Keep in mind that not every book is offered through Kindle unlimited.  However there are pleny of books that are and you can do a search on Amazon to see what is offered.

Honored Contributor

I do.  You can save some money by gifting it to yourself and paying ahead. I think they offer a six month and twelve month which give you more of a discount than the monthly.

I find plenty of books to read from non-fiction to fiction within my interests and it also includes magazines as well.   

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

Just curious if anyone uses Kindle Unlimited for reading.....it's $11.99 a month. 

I'm thinking about joining Kindle Unlimited.  I read ebooks and currently belong to my hometown library as well as Orlando FL ($125 annually), Charlotte NC ($23 annually) and Queens Public Library ($50 annually).   Would probably drop Charlotte and Queens. 

it can be worth it, 

wait till prime day there is usually a discount for multiples months

Honored Contributor

I joined in Jan. and so far I'm happy with it. There are way more books available than I originally thought.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@cindyNC I do and have for several years.  I only bought  4 recent releases and read at least 2 books a month - all for free.  Even if I had to buy books, the best part is no books to get rid of!  Never have I spent so little on books and actually read that much plus I can carry my kindle with me everywhere.  

Trusted Contributor

I have kindle unlimited and the price increase gave me pause, but I decided to keep it for now.  I get most of my new releases from the public library because they have gotten kind of expensive on kindle.  So kindle unlimited gives me plenty of other choices. 

Super Contributor

I have it, also. Check and see if the books/authors that you want to read are available through Kindle Unlimited. If you get a Slickdeals account (it might be an app or just the website, I don't remember how I set it up), they will send you emails regarding deals on the things that you are interested in. Sometimes, they will have a deal for KU for a few months and it's free. I agree with others, check during Amazon's Prime days, they usually have a good deal. Kobo now has a similar plan to KU but you either have to download their app or buy one of their devices. I just bought one, it's a very nice device, very comparable to Amazon Kindle ereaders. As of now, you get the first 30 days free and then $7.99 per month. I think that you can still try KU for free for the first 30 days, at least it used to be that way. 

Super Contributor

I have had it for at least 10 years I think.  Well worth it for me!

New Contributor

Definitely worth it! Great for finding all different types of books. I was looking for something different on Kindle Unlimited and I really liked “Fascinating Countdowns: Because Who Doesn’t Like to Rank Things” for a quick short read. It is a fun take on top 10 lists. Interesting and the author adds humor. Nice break from novels.