Honored Contributor

Kindle Oasis Leather Cover

[ Edited ]

I was thinking about ordering the Kindle Oasis, but would definitely want the leather cover.  It has an average two star review.  Everyone says the cover falls off.  I have had my Kindle Paperwhite leather cover for years, and it's great.  Why would they make a cover that doesn't fit properly???

Does anyone have this cover?  The cloth cover also has an average two star review with the same comments.  Now I feel like I shouldn't order the Oasis.  I don't really want it without the cover.  I've never used a Kindle with a third party cover.  Is there one that fits well?  There aren't many covers on Amazon for the new Oasis, and I don't like any of the choices that I've seen.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Kindle Oasis Leather Cover

I've read the same poor reviews on the Kindle Forum. I love my PW and the cover is great. I wouldn't trade my PW for anything Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I've read the same poor reviews on the Kindle Forum. I love my PW and the cover is great. I wouldn't trade my PW for anything Smiley Happy

@Love my grandkids  I like my Paperwhite, too.  I have to swipe it quite a few times to get to my book though.  I guess it would be the same way with the Oasis.  It irritates me though.  I wonder if there's a trick to it and I'm just not doing it right.

I have the mustard yellow (can't remember what it was called) leather cover for my Paperwhite.  They quit making it, but I love it. I was mainly interested in the Oasis because of the page turner buttons.  The Kindle Keyboard that I used to have had the buttons, and I liked them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I don't have the current Oasis (yet) but I don't plan on getting a cover. I only had it with the previous Oasis because you couldn't charge the device without Amazon's cover. I plan on buying a sleeve from Etsy to store it in. I think the cover would defeat the purpose of the ergonomics of the device. If would want a cover because that is what you prefer, in the past I have purchased covers from Moko and Fintie available on Amazon. Very inexpensive, pretty, light and it fits the device perfectly. I have to pre warn it takes patience to get the device out of the cover because it's extremely secure. There aren't any available right now because I'm sure these companies are waiting to receive the Oasis so that they can start creating them. Decal Girl says in a week or 2 they will have skins for the new Oasis.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Tsukiko.  I will look at those covers when they come out.  I'll look at the sleeves on Etsy, too, and think about that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nick Nack (Henry's "mom")!  I have had my PW for about 3 years and have no trouble just touching the screen to turn the page or swiping for other stuff. I'm really sorry you have this trouble.

I also had a KK but I accidentally sat on it and cracked the screen! That taught me to look where I was sitting LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Nick Nack (Henry's "mom")!  I have had my PW for about 3 years and have no trouble just touching the screen to turn the page or swiping for other stuff. I'm really sorry you have this trouble.

I also had a KK but I accidentally sat on it and cracked the screen! That taught me to look where I was sitting LOL!

@Love my grandkids  I don't have any trouble turning the page on the PW.  I think I just preferred the way the pages turned with the KK.  My problem is when I first open the cover and try to swipe it to get to the book.  It takes me several tries.  Then I close the cover and open it and try again.  I'm finally able to get into the book.  I doubt I would have an easier time with a different model like the Oasis though.  

I do like the PW.  I would never want to be without it.  I probably won't buy the Oasis regardless of the cover.  It's awfully expensive.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack   I also love my Kindle Keyboard and don't want any other e-reader.  I have even bought backups from Ebay that are like new/refurbished.  It is comfortable to hold with one hand and I also love the turn-press buttons, especially.

Respected Contributor

I have the new oasis 7" and love it. I also have the new nook and love it even more.  You do not have to buy the amazon  cover. You can order covers from ebay as wll and cheaper.

Honored Contributor

Buy the original Oasis, the cover is extremely secure. They still sell them and it's a fantastic ereader, much better than the paperwhite which I also own. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval