Super Contributor

@Melvin-QVC no, I didn't, sorry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@Toot1920 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

my husband was just gifted a Kindle...has never used one before....any website he should seek out on how to get started....any free book website....thank you...he has just read his last library book!!

@nana59, you do have to have an Amazon account. It will then be linked to his Kindle. On a computer or tablet, you can search for free Kindle books. Find a Kindle edition book that you want, when selected there will be a "buy" selection, select and it will download to the device (device has to be connected to wifi for books to be downloaded, wifi can be turned off when reading). Or on device itself, there should be shopping cart icon, can go there to directly order and download. Also, on Amazon website, you can get answers for all Amazon devices, might to search for exact location but there are a lot of helpful advice. You do have to know what Kindle he has. Hope this helps, it's confusing trying to write it out and to read it. Much easier to do once you get the hang of it. 

Here's a link to the device forum (I hope it works, 🤞)

@Toot1920   Are you aware that it's against our standards to post links to another retailer?  

awww....melvin...give Terri T a break....i need this info to help my husband keep his sanity....and mine, too!!  hope you are safe and healthy.....

Respected Contributor

I use hoopla & overdrive from my library & I love them! Free & I always have books to read or listen too.

I swore I would never give up my real books, but this is just too easy.

With Amazon Prime I can get free books, too, but I don't use that as often.