Honored Contributor

Just finished rading The Guest List by Lucy Foley

[ Edited ]

This book just blew me away.  When I started, I was getting interrupted.  And I thought, what is the big hub bub over this book?  It seemed kind of slow, them I picked it up again after the first chapter.....and then bam!!!!  So hard to put down.  Had the fight the urge to read ahead.  Now I understand the rave renews.  Almost as good as the plot, is the way the way the book was constructed. Short, sharp chapters. The plot was tight and so were the chapters. It helped with the overall chill of the book.  

The plot of the book centers around a very opulent wedding.....and the guests invited.

Anyone read this yet?  It was voted the best mystery at Goodread.  I havn't read any of her previous books. That will be easily remedied.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just finished rading The Guest List by Lucy Foley

I also just finished this book.  When I have a really good book I have to make deals with myself - one more chapter and I will do the dishes, etc.  This was one of those books and there are 565 on wait list at my library for this book.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the mention.  Don't think I have read as much as this year.  Realize sometimes I dig a little rut and need fresh ideas.

Respected Contributor

@songbird

I read this a few months ago and agree with you.

Contributor

I also read it and totally enjoyed it.

Valued Contributor

Didn’t see anything special to it, didn’t finish
Esteemed Contributor

I listened to it when it first came out - I can’t remember if I figured out who the murderer was, but I remember being satisfied with the ending. Did a great job with the isolated setting - felt like I was on that island.
Respected Contributor

Based on this thread I have the kindle version on hold at my library. Thanks everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your review.  I'm on the waiting list.  By the time they get down to me, the book will be in paperback!

Valued Contributor

Good book, for sure!