Honored Contributor

Re: Just finished rading The Guest List by Lucy Foley

@HB glamma wrote:
Didn’t see anything special to it, didn’t finish

@HB glamma I agree 100 percent. I read one of hers and thought it was marginal, read reviews and started another and didn't get very far into it.  It was like reading the same book again.  

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

Thank you for your review.  I'm on the waiting list.  By the time they get down to me, the book will be in paperback!

Do you have the online library apps? I just got on my libraries list and it's only 13 days. I love the free apps. I use them exclusively. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird I haven't read it and will add it to my Amazon wish list.  I love books that are hard to put down (except I don't get anything else done!).

One such book that I read like that recently was "American Dirt" by Jeanine Cummins.  I had to keep reading to see what happens next!

Honored Contributor

My personal favorite current writer is Samantha Downing "My Lovely Wife"  "He Started it"  Her new books coming out this summer.  I already pre ordered it on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

This book just blew me away.  When I started, I was getting interrupted.  And I thought, what is the big hub bub over this book?  It seemed kind of slow, them I picked it up again after the first chapter.....and then bam!!!!  So hard to put down.  Had the fight the urge to read ahead.  Now I understand the rave renews.  Almost as good as the plot, is the way the way the book was constructed. Short, sharp chapters. The plot was tight and so were the chapters. It helped with the overall chill of the book.  

The plot of the book centers around a very opulent wedding.....and the guests invited.

Anyone read this yet?  It was voted the best mystery at Goodread.  I havn't read

any of her previous books. That will be easily remedied.

@songbird 

Your description intrigued me....I was looking for another author to get involved with.  WOW...thank you for taking the time to post !!!

The book was everything you said...I read it in record time.  Now looking forward to my second book.

Folks, for those who love mysteries, the author ties up all loose ends into a surprise package you never saw coming.   Enough said !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I just started reading this book and it has seemed a little slow to me but now I am motivated to stick with it since everyone liked it so much!

Esteemed Contributor

I have just added to my extremely long TBR list. (SIGH)

Trusted Contributor

@Lali1,

I actually got the book this week from the library.  There are over 700 holds, I thought I was number 801!Woman Very Happy

I'm halfway thru it and I like the short chapters.  I will finish the book but I am not as impressed with it as I thought I would be.  

But I need to find out who died and who did it.

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Lali1,

I actually got the book this week from the library.  There are over 700 holds, I thought I was number 801!Woman Very Happy

I'm halfway thru it and I like the short chapters.  I will finish the book but I am not as impressed with it as I thought I would be.  

But I need to find out who died and who did it.

I really enjoyed the book. I'm now reading reading The Hunting Party and it's the same I have a hard time putting it down. I only read at night just too scatttered and busy to read during the daytime. I have a hard time putting it away because I want to know what's going to happen. I got this as an instant download on cloud library no wait. 

Trusted Contributor

Okay, just finiished this book.  Thank goodness for short chapters - makes it so much easier to read.

All I will say is I did not expect the "who" done it.Woman Wink

And I'm glad I don't know anyone like those guests!  Yikes!