Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@icezeus    I usually prefer to read series in order, also.......but I'm having trouble finding them in order.    I buy mass-market paperbacks from Amazon.   (No bookstores near me.)

If the titles are still in print a local bookstore may be able to order them for you. Also your local library can do an inter library loan search for you. If another library has that title they will send it to your library, you pick it up and return it there. Your library will return the book long distance. (There may or may not be a fee.)

If you're just looking for the order as well as titles, the reference section of your local library can help you find lists of individual authors and their books in order of publication. Then see the above answer part.

If all that fails try flea markets.

Good luck, I do NOT like to read books in a series out of order, too!  Woman Happy

@candyagain 

You explained it much better than I did. (smile) @Desertdi  Also, there are websites that you can look up as well that list the books in order. Fantastic Fiction . Com is one of my new favorite sites. I spaced the words out so that the moderators would not deleted as a link to another site. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@icezeus    I usually prefer to read series in order, also.......but I'm having trouble finding them in order.    I buy mass-market paperbacks from Amazon.   (No bookstores near me.)

If the titles are still in print a local bookstore may be able to order them for you. Also your local library can do an inter library loan search for you. If another library has that title they will send it to your library, you pick it up and return it there. Your library will return the book long distance. (There may or may not be a fee.)

If you're just looking for the order as well as titles, the reference section of your local library can help you find lists of individual authors and their books in order of publication. Then see the above answer part.

Good luck, I do NOT like to read books in a series out of order, too!  Woman Happy

@candyagain 

You explained it much better than I did. (smile) @Desertdi  Also, there are websites that you can look up as well that list the books in order. Fantastic Fiction . Com is one of my new favorite sites. I spaced the words out so that the moderators would not deleted as a link to another site. 

Actually you brought up the newer shared library system. I haven't worked in a public library in a while. Intra Library loan is now just for books not held in the shared system. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@candyagain 

@icezeus @candyagain    Thanks for all the info!!   I can get to the County Library.....and the last time I was there, I asked where the card file was.   They pointed to a computer.    Ummm.....I meant the Dewey Decimal cards.    Ended up in the basement at their used book sale.    I will try the "Fantastic" site, tho!!!!      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@candyagain 

@icezeus @candyagain    Thanks for all the info!!   I can get to the County Library.....and the last time I was there, I asked where the card file was.   They pointed to a computer.    Ummm.....I meant the Dewey Decimal cards.    Ended up in the basement at their used book sale.    I will try the "Fantastic" site, tho!!!!      di

@Desertdi 

Lol at your comment about the Dewey decimal system. It's so much easier to request your books online, and then have them delivered. If you can navigate this site you will be fine requesting books on the computer from the library, I even renew my books online. I love it.

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@candyagain 

@Desertdi 

Lol at your comment about the Dewey decimal system. It's so much easier to request your books online, and then have them delivered. If you can navigate this site you will be fine requesting books on the computer from the library, I even renew my books online. I love it.

As a student worker I used to have to file those cardboard cards in the card catalog for hours....much prefer the computer!

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I know that there are a few of us that enjoy/love his books. I am a huge Lucas Davenport and Virgil %&! Flowers fan.  Well I just found out that John Sanford has a new book that will be released in April of 2022 starring "Letty Davenport". Yes, our girl has grown up and graduated from college.

The new book is called The Investigator.  I can't wait. 

@icezeus 

Hmm.  About 5 years ago I read every one of his books in order. and have no idea where I stopped.  I have some catching up to do .....

Regular Contributor

LOVE Lucas and Virgil and suppose it's inevitable it would move on to Letty, but I not happy......cause it means Lucas and eventually Virgil and the other cast of characters take a back seat. I hate change😩😩😩😩!  Happening with the Bosch series too. I mean, it IS fiction so they COULD keep them forever young.....

also, for those of us who like to read series in order, there's a great website: Orderofbooks.com, which does just that and has most authors you are looking for. It's also just fun to browse through and maybe find new ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: John Sanford Fans

[ Edited ]

@dodies wrote:

LOVE Lucas and Virgil and suppose it's inevitable it would move on to Letty, but I not happy......cause it means Lucas and eventually Virgil and the other cast of characters take a back seat. I hate change😩😩😩😩!  Happening with the Bosch series too. I mean, it IS fiction so they COULD keep them forever young.....

also, for those of us who like to read series in order, there's a great website: Orderofbooks.com, which does just that and has most authors you are looking for. It's also just fun to browse through and maybe find new ones. 

@dodies 

I am a nut about reading books in order. I currently use Goodreads and Fantasticfiction, but you can never have too many book sites.

I will check this one out as well. 

I had to come back and add that I hate change as well. I grow very attached/comfortable with some of my characters, and have the morbid habit of looking up authors to see how old they are and how much longer I can hopefully enjoy their books.

John Sanford is getting up there. :-(

Here's a puzzle. In Broken Prey Sanford refers to A Brock Burglar book with the title of

"The Burglar Who Met O". there are many Brock Burglar books but none with the "Met O" title that I can find. Its a mystery! I love how Sanford references other good writers. But what's up with the missing title? Is Sanforn messing with us?

Honored Contributor

I picked up the Lettie Davenport one the other day. It started out ok but then it turned totally boring for me and I stopped reading. It just didn't interest me. I've read all the books with Davenport and my favorite character Virgil Flowers.