Honored Contributor

Jenny Lawson - "Furiously Happy" and "Let's Pretend that Never Happened"

If you love someone with mental illness.... or if you'd like to see the world from that perspective while LAUGHING YOUR BUTT OFF.... you need to read Jenny's books.

Has anyone read them?

I just love her!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Jenny Lawson - "Furiously Happy" and "Let's Pretend that Never Happened"

YES! I adore her! She's lives about 2 hours from my city and my local bookstore is the first place she usually visits when she has a new book out. I've been fortunate enough to meet her a few times. The first time I saw her she did a read of the story about the cat in the bathroom and I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard. I had tears streaming down my face. 

If you ever get a chance to see her on a book tour, she's as charming and hilarious in person as she is on paper and unafraid to discuss her anxiety about meeting her fans and her depression. I really appreciate how she manages both and the privacy she has sacrificed to help destigmatize depression and mental illness.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jenny Lawson - "Furiously Happy" and "Let's Pretend that Never Happened"

@Alison Wonderland

I'm envious!  I wish I had a chance to meet her.  I, too, admire her.   I've dealt with anxiety disorder most of my life, though on a lesser scale than hers. The only way to understand one another is too talk about our challenges. 

~ house cat ~