Honored Contributor

James Patterson's INSTINCT (aka Murder Games)

I love the CBS show Instinct, with Alan Cumming (Dylan) and Bojana Novakovic (Lizzie).  And how could I forget Naveen Andrews!   It gets better and better with each episode.  (A real shame there will be no third season.)

I hadn't read the James Patterson novel it was based on (originally Murder Games) but just finished it today. The book was so very satisfying.  It has brilliant dialogue, terrific psychological insight, and a wonderful storyline.

When you start to feel bereft because toward the end something is resolved, that's just when the plot is stepped up with more excitement.  And it finishes with warmth and happiness.  

Has anyone read it?  A second book, Killer Instinct, will be out soon.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Re: James Patterson's INSTINCT (aka Murder Games)

@GingerPeach  I also love Instinct. I just read that it was cancelled. It seems like every time I find a show I really like it's cancelled. Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of shows I like that have been picked up for an additional season. I didn't realize it was based on a Patterson book. I'll have to check it out next time I go to the library. I quit reading Patterson a few years ago because I felt his books were getting too predictable and assembly line. For years I read the Alex Cross books and loved them.

Trusted Contributor

I've read the book, but I never watched the show.  Looking forward to the sequel.

Trusted Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@GingerPeach  I also love Instinct. I just read that it was cancelled. It seems like every time I find a show I really like it's cancelled. Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of shows I like that have been picked up for an additional season. I didn't realize it was based on a Patterson book. I'll have to check it out next time I go to the library. I quit reading Patterson a few years ago because I felt his books were getting too predictable and assembly line. For years I read the Alex Cross books and loved them.

It's cancelled? Oh no.. I'm so disappointed. Same with me, every time I like a show it gets the ax!