Super Contributor

Re: James Patterson & Bill Clinton

[ Edited ]

Hate and envy reign supreme in the years 2016 & 2017.

I wonder why??????

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

I wonder why??????

LOL, I think that's an unfair assessment.   It's not new, it's just more noticeable on the www.  And not liking an author doesn't mean it's hate and envy.   Although I am envious of a lot of authors.  Some I like and some I don't.   Hate is a strong word when taken so literally.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

@mollybgood wrote:

I wonder why??????

LOL, I think that's an unfair assessment.   It's not new, it's just more noticeable on the www.  And not liking an author doesn't mean it's hate and envy.   Although I am envious of a lot of authors.  Some I like and some I don't.   Hate is a strong word when taken so literally.

Agreed. I actually gave them kudos for coming up with the scheme. I'm just warning people not to expect too much. This just doesn't strike me as being a work of art as much as a money grab. They have a book cover and title before they have the book and that's not generally how these things happen, but it's working for them. They've got advance orders lining up, so great for them.

Now, if James Patterson had an idea for a novel that involved a president and reached out to Clinton for help and inside information, and the two decided to collaborate, it could be a really good book. This was more their common agent going to a publisher and asking if they'd like a book by the two of them and then rounding them both up and trying to come up with a book after the publisher agreed to publish it. Maybe it'll be good, but I wouldn't go in expecting too much.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!