Esteemed Contributor

JUNE 2023 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Hello readers. We are half way through the year and time is moving at a fast clip. I was on my way to bed and realized that I had not closed out the old thread and started the new one. (Whew) 

I am currently reading House Secrets by Mike Lawson.  

Please join us in sharing your likes and dislikes. As always this is a safe space no matter what you are reading.

All genres are welcomed.

Respected Contributor

Re: JUNE 2023 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

[ Edited ]

I will finish in the next half hour "Murder by Chocolate Marshmallow Pie" by Sarah Graves.  Her first series was about moving to Maine with an 1835 house to repair and also a mystery popped up.

I liked the home repair mysteries more than I do her current series of mysteries and new venture of a chocolate bake shop.

I just finished Linwood Barclay's The Lie Maker about the witness protection program.  His books are always good.

Also finished Kate White's Between Two Strangers.  She is a former editor in chief of Cosmopolitan Magizine back when it was an interesting magazine.  I always enjoy her mysteries.

And also just read Victoria Thompson's Murder on Bedford Street and latest in her Gaslight series of mysteries.

Guess you can tell I like mysteries.

I have ready to pick up at the library Liv Constantine's The Senator's Wife.  I'm looking forward to that one.

Honored Contributor

I have the new Joe Pickett book waiting for me at the library. Can't wait. I'll put aside the Tami Hoag book I'm reading for this one!

Respected Contributor

This is the best one I've read in the last few weeks.  I've started several, but returned them to the (virtual) library unfinished.

Capture.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I am reading Crown & Sceptre by Tracy Borman.

A recap of British rulers over the years.  It will not to everyone's taste, but what can I say?

One tidbit that I never knew is that George III coined the phase New England then he lumped colonies together.

Honored Contributor

Just finished Small, great things by Jodi Picoult. It was soo good!!! I finished it in 3 days-just reading on my lunch hour. It was published I believe maybe back on 2017...

I am now back to reading Deadly Cross by James Patterson!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Just finished Small, great things by Jodi Picoult. It was soo good!!! I finished it in 3 days-just reading on my lunch hour. It was published I believe maybe back on 2017...

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I read Small, great things a few years back, and it was one of my favorite books of the year. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I read Small, great things a few years back, and it was one of my favorite books of the year. 

@icezeus It is definitely one of mine!!! A book everyone can benefit from reading in my opinion......

Trusted Contributor

The Long Flight Home...Alan Hlad...very good!

Jessa
Super Contributor

I just downloaded book 8 from the CLIFFSIDE POINT SERIES by Ellen Joy.

It's about a woman starting over five years after the passing of her husband and the friends she meets.  

It's a light read and I just love all the characters.  I don't have kindle unlimited but these are available for free.