Honored Contributor

Re: JUNE 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Finished Pretty Girls, by Karin Slaughter, it was really good!!! Lots of surprises and OMG moments!!!

Now starting Mistress by James Patterson!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished This time next year by Sophie Cousens, LOVED this book!  Such a love story, it touched my heart, and

YES I admit I cried at one Point  But it had serious moments also, just an overall good book!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished This time next year by Sophie Cousens, LOVED this book!  Such a love story, it touched my heart, ans YES I admit I cried at one Point  But it had serious moments also, just an overall good book!

Me too @CareBears 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Just finished a book I wasn't sure if I would like since it's not my type of book.  Camilla Sten's The Lost Forest.  Sort of creepy set in Sweden.  I won it w/a bunch of others and her other one which I decided not to read.  That one looked even weirder. 

Respected Contributor

"Sisters First" is not a book about politics, it is a book about sisters and their special bond - enjoyable, interesting and heartwarming.  

Respected Contributor

@CareBears  Thanks for listing This Time Next Year. Not a book I would normally choose to read, but I loved it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This morning I finished Shoulder Season by Christina Clancy, I did not hate it, but I did not love it!  The main character of the book was a lost soul in the beginning, and had a lot of growing up to do, and had to hit rock bottom to realize what is important in life!  Not the fancy cars, the money, but family and friends who truly love you, and will be  there with you when no one else will!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

This morning I finished Shoulder Season by Christina Clancy, I did not hate it, but I did not love it!  The main character of the book was a lost soul in the beginning, and had a lot of growing up to do, and had to hi rock bottom to realize what is important in life!  Not the fancy cars, the money, but family and friends who truly love you, and be  there with you when no one else will!

@CareBears 

I really enjoyed this book.  I need to read her other one!

Respected Contributor

Just finished Soraya M. Lane's The Girls of Pearl Harbor.  Not an easy read with three nurses (2 are sisters) working in a make shift hospital with all the atrocities but a good read.  This is my first book by her and I definitely want to read her others now.  It's my first ebook of June.  I try to read at least 2 ebooks a month since I want to get my NetGalley approval rate to 80% for auto approval.  I'll never get there soon I know since I read more print books than ebooks.

Trusted Contributor

Final Girls by Riley Sager was a domestic thriller centering around a woman who was the only survivor of a mass murder. I thought it was engaging and suspenseful.

The Summer Getaway by Susan Mallery was a light romance about a woman who has come to a crossroads in her life and needs to figure out what path to pursue next.

I enjoyed this as I enjoy most of Susan Mallery's books if you are looking for a light summer type read.

I also read Sisters First by Jenna Bush Hagar and Barbara Pierce Bush which was stories about their lives growing up together and the closeness they enjoy from being both sisters and best friends.

And I just finished Smells Like Tween Spirit by Laurie Gelman. This book is the fourth in a series about a mother from Overland Park Kansas and her adventures during her son's first year of junior high wrestling. I have read all four books in the series and have enjoyed them immensely. I like the sense of humor of the main character and so many of the situations that she finds herself in are relatable to me-even if she is quite a few years younger than me-I still remember the school years of our kids. Plus I am familiar with the area that the books are set in. This book actually isn't even out yet but I was lucky enough to win one from Goodreads.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx