Valued Contributor

Re: JUNE 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I've just begun Geraldine Brooks' Horse. Brooks is one of my favorite authors. Horse racing is a departure from her other novels, so I am interested to see how this plot will develop.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 , I am about 100 pages in and I think the same.  I needed this kind of read after Local Gone Missing (Fiona Barton) which I thought was meh.  LM

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@beckyb1012 , I am about 100 pages in and I think the same.  I needed this kind of read after Local Gone Missing (Fiona Barton) which I thought was meh.  LM

After I read your post I went to the library site to see about that book since it did not sound familiar to me at all.  We do not have it.  From your review I will not feel bad they did not buy it for our shelves.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

@SWEET  I hope that you like it too. It will be interesting to hear what you thought about it when you are finished. Obviously I thought it sounded interesting otherwise I wouldn't have entered the giveaway from Goodreads but I have found that the books that I have won are hit or miss. Sometimes the blurb about it sounds more interesting than the actual book.

I also don't like giving bad reviews as after all this person has managed to get a book published which is more than I have ever done so when I review it I try to find something positive to say.

It's not a very long book so it can be read pretty quickly.

@abbalulu 

I'm sure I entered it on GR but I didn't win obviously.  LOL.  I totally agree with your opinion on GR wins.  I've discovered many authors.  I try to be positive even in my negative reviews on GR and here too.  I hope to read it soon.  I don't read a lot of ebooks but I'll eventuallly get to it.

If you like family books  as much as I do, I loved Elyssa Friedland's The Floating Feldmans

Trusted Contributor

@SWEET  Thanks for the recommendation. I do like books about families and their dynamics. I think I may have the Floating Feldmans on my kindle. I find that I am using my kindle more and more recently as we have become overrun with books. So now if I want a book that my husband most likely won't want to read too I put it on my kindle. It would be nice to have a home with a big room for a library like you see in photos and movies.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

This may seem like I'm repeating myself,but I'm really not. I finished another Riley Sager book. FINAL GIRLS!. A story about  few young women who were survived mass murders. As per usual I could hardly put it down. One more book of his to go!,

Also finished FLYING by Linda Holmes. First time I've read one of her books. A story about a woman going back to childhood home and relationships with family,others. Sort of a light read,but good book overall.

Honored Contributor

Have now started The People vs Alex Cross!!! as usal with his books, this one starts off very good!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for sharing your likes and dislikes for the month of June.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.