Esteemed Contributor

Re: JUNE 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

[ Edited ]

Just finished The Bluebonnet Battle by Carolyn Brown, I loved this book!  Colorful characters, a community that supported one another ( or most did)  And of course there has to be a villain ( and unfortunately she reminds  me of my mother in law and brought back painful memories,) And so much food mentioned in the book. I was hungry while reading it.  And recipes at the back which I plan on making!

Respected Contributor

Just read a mystery by a new author K.A. Perry.  The Green Beach File.  It was a quick read.  It was just ok.

Trusted Contributor

I recently bought these two books at my public library book store.  I finally read The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.  I knew it would be a bleak read and it was.  The writing was excellent and I am glad I finally read it.

Now I am finally reading The Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand.  It is so good!  The Paradise series I read by her was not great, so I wasn't sure I was going to read this book.  I think it's creative and a fun summer read.  I'm not so interested in Nantucket where she sets her beach books, but it's ok.  She's a graduate of the famous University of Iowa Writers Workshop. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I finished First Degree by David Rosenfelt. I love the Andy Carpenter book, and this one did not disappoint!  Andy is a lawyer who often times defends the worst of the worst of the worst, along with his colorful team they often get their clients with barely a slap on the wrist. But this time it is girlfriend who is accused of murder and Andy and his team will do anything to FREE her of these charges, but when the higher ups in the military are involved will they be on time to free her?

Honored Contributor

I am now starting The Woman at 46 Heath Street, by Lesley Sanderson! It sounds really good!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I just purchased the Kindle version. please update with your review when you finish thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

I simply can't put this one down, a twisty horror/suspense story........

The House Across the Lake (Hardcover)

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Finished both The Mistress by James Patterson, and The Perfect Marriage, by Jeneva Rose. 

The Mistress was just ok. I skimmed through the last 50 or so pages, as I just watned it to end. It was too long, too many characters, and not my favorite James Patterson book for sure!

The Perfect Marriage I loved!!!!!! It was excellent. It was my 1st book by this author, but definitely not my last. It started off with a bang and never let up.. Really good book! 

Now starting THE NIGHT BEFORE, by Wendy Walker! 

@CANDLEQUEEN  Based on your enthusiasm for The Perfect Marriage I just checked it out of the library and I can't wait to start it!  Thanks for the recommendation!

Trusted Contributor

carebears,I loved that book. I just this minute finished another of his,FINAL GIRLS,OMG,it was even better than the others. He is now one of my favorite,never lets you down

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Finished Invisible by Danielle Steel.  I really loved this book and it wasn't like her others which is a nice change. 

That was so different than her typical style.  I loved it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."