Esteemed Contributor

Re: JUNE 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Just finished Goodbye Again by Mariah Stewart, I enjoyed this book.  A beach community where the citizens all know one another, and support each other, a new bookstore is reopened after the former owner left it shambles due to his health, I just wished there was a bookstore like that in the town I live in.  But it had a bad part too, which when revealed made me angry and sick to my stomach!  But reading about the friendships that have been formed, and the children in this book, touched my heart!

Trusted Contributor

icezeus,I'm couldn't agree more! I haven't been here much lately. I have read a bunch of books,but nothing to write home about. I believe the publishers keep all the good books till just before Christmas. Just a thought.

Respected Contributor

I don't give out that many 5 star reviews but Doll-Baby by Laura Lane McNeal was one of them!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I don't give out that many 5 star reviews but Doll-Baby by Laura Lane McNeal was one of them!

It certainly sounds timely!

Respected Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Judaline 

Timely how? As in 5 star reviews?

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@Judaline 

Timely how? As in 5 star reviews?

No, as in things that are happening today. Re: race, etc. Reading what the book is about, it mentioned race.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished Empty Vows by Mary Monroe, let me start off by saying this was like no book I have ever read, some may find this book offensive, but I did not find it offensive at all, immoral yes, but not your every day read which was a nice pace from the same old same old books I tend to read!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Empty Vows by Mary Monroe, let me start off by saying this was like no book I have ever read, some may find this book offensive, but I did not find it offensive at all, immoral yes, but not your every day read which was a nice pace from the same old same old books I tend to read!

@CareBears that is book 2 of a series by Mary Monroe.  The first one is Mrs. Wiggins where it all began.  I adored both.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears that is book 2 of a series by Mary Monroe.  The first one is Mrs. Wiggins where it all began.  I adored both.

@beckyb1012 @CareBears I will put these both on my TBR list!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished In Shelter Cove by Batbara Freethy, I enjoyed this book!  A man with a wife and small child is found guilty of stealing paintings.  His wife moves to Shelter Cove so her in-laws can be closer to her son.  The officer who arrested her husband, was her husbands best friend, she should hate him, but she starts to have feelings for him, and the romance begins, and she is determined to find the truth of the stolen paintings to clear her husbands name!