Honored Contributor

Re: JUNE 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

The Boardwalk Bookshop, by Susan Mallery;  Three women at different stages in their lives come to look at a vacant retail store space on the beach.  The space is too big and too expensive for all three individually.  However together these three strangers could easily pull it off.  So we have a bookshop on one end a gift shop on the other and selling in the middle is bakeshop full of glorious muffins.  These three ladies spend every Friday night after work sitting on the beach with their wine or champagne and become each others support group/family.  Which in turn leads to expanding their own families to each of the ladies.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Carolina925, I just recently discovered this author and have already read 3 of her books, the most recent being "Allie and Bea", which so far was my favorite.
Respected Contributor

Should have skipped Carol Anshaw's Carry The One.  I read one of her others a few years back and this one was even worse.

Valued Contributor

Just finished Freida McFadden's newest thriller, The Inmate. I read it in two days. I would have finished in one but my eyes were getting blurry! Lots of surprising twists!

Trusted Contributor

I read Between Two Worlds by Tyler Henry who is a medium but also a very spiritual young man. I found it a very interesting read.

Then I read Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson. He always writes a good thriller-some better than others. I liked that this one was based on some famous mystery stories even though I had not read all of them.

This has been a good year for books as my TBR list grows and grows.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished reading The school For Good Mothers by jessamine Chan, I really do not know how I felt about this book?  Parents who have had their children taken from them and brought to a school, but IMO it was more like a jail,  Where they had to "Mother" a child created by scientists where they were monitored their feelings, the number of words they used, and if they did not score high enough, there were notes put in their file which could lead to never having their children returned? I thought this book was disturbing!

Respected Contributor

Finished Fortune and Glory by Janet Evanovich (#27 in Stephanie Plum series) in a few hours and thought it was better than some in this series.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Finished Fortune and Glory by Janet Evanovich (#27 in Stephanie Plum series) in a few hours and thought it was better than some in this series.

I think I stopped back at #22 or so but maybe I should try again.  Danielle Steel got better so may Janet will as well.  Those beginning books of Janet's I could not ride my stationary bike while reading them because of laughing so hard almost fell off several times.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I read a lot and I just finished the book Beach House Summer by Sarah Morgan and I found it one that I did not want to put down. I was wanting the story to go on. 

It is about life and unexpected happening and the relationships of two women.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I think I stopped back at #22 or so but maybe I should try again.  Danielle Steel got better so may Janet will as well.  Those beginning books of Janet's I could not ride my stationary bike while reading them because of laughing so hard almost fell off several times.

@beckyb1012 

I stopped also in the 20s but then won #28 and then found #27 in my LFL. Some are better than others.

I still read Daneille Steel.  Her latest one Suspects looks totally different from her usual romances.  Looks like a mystery.  Maybe after all these years she's venturing out in different territory.

Very funny about you reading them and almost falling off laughing.