Honored Contributor

Re: JUNE 2021 HAPPY READING!! LET'S HEAR YOUR FAVORITES!

City Of Scoundrels, by Victoria Thompson; bk. 3 of the grifter family living in "old money" New York during the time of WW1.

City Of Schemes, by Victoria Thompson;  bk. 4 of the above.  War as ended but not the problems of high society where Elizabeth uses her talents of the "con" to help her new friends.  Some of whom are not her friends.

The Newcomer, by Mary Kay Andrews.  On the run with her recently murdered sister's young daughter.  They hide out on a Florida beach at a motel where the seniors come from the north to stay all winter.  Between the criminals in Lettie's life, her four year old niece, and the squabbles between the elderly tenants her days are packed full of excitement.  Great Book!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm reading and enjoying THE WRONG FAMILY.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I'm reading and enjoying THE WRONG FAMILY.

Oh that one is a really good book @RetRN . 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@RetRN  Good book, great ending!

Valued Contributor

Just finished The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel and I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed by it.  I expected most "OMG - what's going to happen next" moments and they didn't just appear.  I know there were many readers on this blog who enjoyed it, unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Respected Contributor

@catmama  agree with you. If you want to read a good book, same topic read The Warsaw Orphan by Kelly Rimmer.

Trusted Contributor

In the middle of the current heatwave, I decided to cool off with a Christmas themed cozy mystery! I just finished Have Yourself a Fudgy Little Christmas by Nancy Coco. It's book 8 in her mystery series set on Mackinac Island. It was a fun light read to distract me from the heat. I enjoyed reading about holiday activities in the snow, lots of decorations, and of course lots of talk of fudge including recipes. Not sure why cozy mystery writers feel the need to always include a female in a love triangle...1 guy left in last book only to be replaced with yet another meanwhile the 3rd eligible guy apparently is still pining for her. 

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy those cozies almost always start with the girl having just broken up and returning to their hometown. Then her new man is often in law enforcement. I guess the authors have a handle on what their readers want.

Respected Contributor

a book called spilled milk

Respected Contributor

Just finished Watch Her by Edwin Hill.  I thought this was a good read.  Goidreads rates is 3.99/5.  I agree.  Keeps you guessing til the end.  S