Respected Contributor

Re: JUNE 2021 HAPPY READING!! LET'S HEAR YOUR FAVORITES!

Finished Mary Alice Monroe's The Summer of Lost and Found in 2 days.  It's a part of a series and I read the 1st one ages ago but it can be read as a stand alone.  It was a good Summer read.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@CareBears 

I don't know if you have already read this series but check out (Kate Burkholder)  by Linda Castillo.  They are all tied in to the Amish life, with murders etc.

I usually have at least one or more Amish book each week checked out.  Have 10 pages left of A Perfect Amish Romance, by Shelly Shepard Gray.  She has written so many and some are a series.  Another of my favorite author for Amish books is Wanda Brunstetter.  Wanda does many series as well and in the past few years as started writing books with her DDIL.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Later by Stephen King. it sure is different from what I usually read, but I enjoyed it!  As long as I stay away from his scary stories I will be OK!

Trusted Contributor

I just finished J. A. Jance's newest entry in her Ali Reynolds mystery series, UNFINISHED BUSINESS.  It was very good and there was a surprise appearance of one of her other characters from a different series!  I was happy to see this person, as that series is my favorite of the three that the author writes.

Respected Contributor

Finished Rob Lowe's Stories I Only Tell My Friends.  Can't wait to read his second one which I have waiting for me on my shelf.

Honored Contributor

Last night, I finished The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery.   I recommend it. I enjoyed it and it was a quick easy read. 

On to The Beach House by Jenny Hale. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Face the Fire part of the Three Sisters Trilogy by Nora Roberts. I have to say that I would not recommend this series. I am a fan of Nora's but this series just did nothing for me. The first book (Dance upon the Air) was the best of the three and had a promising start, the second book (Heaven and Earth) I did not care for at all, and this last book to complete the series was just mediocre in my opinion.

Early on in this third installment I considered returning it to the library,I was really not into the book, but I decided to force myself to complete the series. If this would have been a stand alone book, I would have given up because I generally do not force myself to complete books.

Nora is a prolific writer so she is allowed to strike out from time to time. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished Have Yourself A Fudgy Little Christmas by Nancy Cocodo not read this book if your hungry!  This was a cozy murder mystery   with very colorful characters and delicious recipes, I enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

Sweetbabyjane, both Lowe books are wonderful. I checked out an audiobook of the second work--I loved hearing Lowe tell the story. In fact, I loved it so much I bought the audiobook when I saw it on sale!

The books and the show "Parks and Recreation" have turned me into a complete Rob Lowe fan.

Respected Contributor

My zoom Book Club has chosen this as our next book!  Can't wait, love Locked Room Mystery Thrillers...stay tuned!  

C16D88D7-2434-42C0-A28A-5E4C7640CEE6.jpeg