Honored Contributor

Re: JUNE 2021 HAPPY READING!! LET'S HEAR YOUR FAVORITES!

@lork wrote:

Stayed up late last night to finish Ann B. Ross's "Miss Julia - Happy Ever After".  My 91 year old mom told me I'd never guess who the naked man was. . .and I didn't.  Over the years Mom and I've read all the Miss Julia books.  They're funny, kind and always with a little mystery or two.  They have been the perfect/best received Mother's Day gift I have give, and I'm already sad that this has been reported to be the last novel in the series.  If you haven't read read Miss Julia, you should!  Be sure and read them in sequence and consider sharing the first book ("Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind") with convalescing friends. 

The whole series is just wonderful and such a breath of fresh air.  I was so lucky the day I came across the first book way back at a discount book store.  @lork are you aware that Happily Ever After is the final book of the series?  I will miss Miss Julia.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I just finished The Black Book by James Patterson and David Ellis. It's been quite awhile since I have rated a James Patterson book 5/5 on Goodreads.

I enjoy most of his books, but this one really did surprise me and was fast paced and thoroughly entertaining. 

@icezeus Read this last year, it was really good! I really enjoyed it as well.

@CANDLEQUEEN @Lilysmom1 

I found out that there is a second book which came out this year.  I have requested from my library. 

The Red Book

@icezeus Oh! I didn't know about this one either-let me know if you like it...... 

Honored Contributor

Finished THE VACATION over the weekend, I loved it! it was so good, and was a super quick read with a nice twisty ending, that you really didn't see coming.....I plan on reading more books by T.M. Logan, as I really liked his writing!

I am now reading THE WRONG FAMILY, and it is really good as well......

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Amish Sweet Shop by Emma Miller Laura Bradford Mary Ellis, all the stories were equally good, it gives the reader into Amish life!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Finished THE VACATION over the weekend, I loved it! it was so good, and was a super quick read with a nice twisty ending, that you really didn't see coming.....I plan on reading more books by T.M. Logan, as I really liked his writing!

I just started The Vacation last night. I'm only on chapter five, but it's definitely got a hold on me!

Regular Contributor

I just finished Truly, Madly, Deeply by Karen Kingsbury.  In love for the first ime, a son's decision about the future divides his family.   There are situations that arise which stretch this young man's faith.  Moments that had me on the edge of my seat, wondering what happens next.  I purchased this as a pre-order in January and it has been on my shelf since.  So glad I grabbed it over the weekend and could not put it down.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I was curious about The Vacation so I looked it up, and it seems like my kind of book so I will be requesting from my Library. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears 

I don't know if you have already read this series but check out (Kate Burkholder)  by Linda Castillo.  They are all tied in to the Amish life, with murders etc.

Valued Contributor

The Vacation was great!  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I just started The Vacation last night. I'm only on chapter five, but it's definitely got a hold on me!

I still have two ahead of me on the hold's list.  I am ready to read this book.  I feel like I have been waiting forever.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."