Honored Contributor

Re: JUNE 2021 HAPPY READING!! LET'S HEAR YOUR FAVORITES!

I am now reading THE VACATION, by T.M. Logan! I remember reading on this thread how good this book was, and it sure sounds like it. Can't wait to start it in a few hours!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished  After Perfect by Christina McDowell,  very depressing book!  To read how corrupt a father was ro his family, and how physiologically damaged his daughters made me sick!  But this book was very good!

I finished that book this past Saturday afternoon and the I really choked up many times.  Her next book that just came out Cave Dwellers is not at my library yet, but hopefully soon. 

Started yesterday Sisters First, by Barbara P. Bush and Jenna Bush Hager.  I love reading this book about their time together and apart. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I was watching The Last Zars on Netflix,it was so very good! So,I downloaded a book about Rasputin. OMG,it was so boring I couldn't finish it so,I looked around the house and found a paperback that has never been read,

the title is PRAY for the GIRL,by Joseph Souza,Never heard of him. Just let me say that I can't put this book down. It's about a woman who comes home from serving in Afghanistan,and has many problems. There is two murders in this town,and she gets involved. This book is sp well written that I looked up his other books and put them on my kindle wish list. Why did I never read any of his books before? The writing is simply flawless!

Super Contributor

Just finished The Protectors on my Kindle. Omg! Great!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

The Protectors by Jolynn Angelini. Sorry I forgot to put the author.

Honored Contributor

I read The House on Blackberry Hill by Donna Alward and enjoyed it.  Listening to  book 2 in the series, Treasure on Lilac Lane. 

I am also reading The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery.   I'm about 1/3 through it and LOVING it. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I finished reading The Longest Road by Jeanne Williams. It was a really good story about a young girl growing up in the Dust Bowl. I loved the girl, Laurie, and her family and friends. 

Not a happy book but I really enjoyed it.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  The VACATION is so far my most favorite book my book club has read so far!  However, I cannot recommend INSTINCT by JASON HOUGH which we are currently reading.  Simply put, nothing short of stupid.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished A Fistful of Collars bySpencer  Quinn, another fun book to read with Chet the Jet crime solving dog, and his human partner Bernie!

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 I really choked up at the end of the book After Perfect, thanks for highlighting this book. Our library had a copy of Cave Dwellers so I put in a request!