Trusted Contributor

Re: JUNE 2021 HAPPY READING!! LET'S HEAR YOUR FAVORITES!

I just finished LEGACY, the new stand-alone romantic thriller by Nora Roberts.  Overall, I would say that it was very good.  IMO, it was a little too long and the constant mentions of a certain soft drink (blatant product placement) were annoying.  But, I still enjoyed it very much.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Paw and Order by Spencer Quinn, another fun book to read with Chet the Jet crime solving dog!

Honored Contributor

I am currently reading The Suicide House.

Honored Contributor

I just put a book on hold at the library, GOLDEN GIRL.

Respected Contributor

Just finished Olympus, Texas by Stacey Swann.  What a debut.  Talk about dyfunctional families. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm halfway through "An Anonymous Girl" by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. 

Jessica Farris participates in a study on "ethics and morality" for extra money. She expects to just answer some questions in a couple two hour sessions and be done. However, Dr. Shields, the person in charge of the study wants Jessica more involved. She wants to meet in person, tells Jessica what to wear and wants her to experiment in different scenarios. The only reason Jess does this is for the money. But things are taking a bizarre turn, and she doesn't know how much Dr. Shields can actually be trusted. 

This book is a page-turner. I have trouble putting it down, as I want to know the next move. The Dr. is really strange, and Jessica's life might be in danger. Very good book. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Unspoken by Heather Graham. as all of her books, I enjoyed this one also!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I finished House Justice by Mike Lawson.  It is the 5th in the Joe DeMarco series.  I am a sucker for a good series.  I did not like the 3rd book in the series, but I'm glad I kept going.  The Joe DeMarco character is a lawyer who works for the Speaker of the House in Washington DC as a "fixer."  The books are political mysteries/thrillers, that are full of action and intrigue.  There are 15 books in the series so far and I think I'll read more of them this summer.  They are reasonably priced for kindle. 

I think I originally read about this series on this forum.  Thank you to whoever recommended it.

Trusted Contributor

I read the thriller "WHO IS MAUD DIXON?" by Alexandra Andrews and thought it was very good.  Lots of twists and turns!

Respected Contributor

Finished We Are The Brennans by Stacey Lange.  I really enjoyed this family book and it had a lot going on to to keep me interested.