Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Summer Love, by Nancy Thayer.  Four young people in their early 20's come to Nantucket from different parts of the country to work for the summer before they start their real grown-up lives.   All of their lives change during that time paths are taken they did not plan on.  Twenty-six years later they come back to the island with their grown-up children and a new summer of dreams for the next generation.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Finished the l.p. of Becoming by Michelle Obama which was close to 700 pages in 3 days.  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.  If I was an audio book listener I'd love to hear her narrate it.  5 stars from me which I give out very selfishly.

Honored Contributor

I am currently reading The Husband Thief, by M J Hardy. It is really good, and grabs you right away! It is a short book, so for most you could read it in one sitting, but since I usually only read during my lunch hour, it will take me two days!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Finished the l.p. of Becoming by Michelle Obama which was close to 700 pages in 3 days.  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.  If I was an audio book listener I'd love to hear her narrate it.  5 stars from me which I give out very selfishly.

I really loved that book and learned so much about both of them.  I made a comment in Fashion boards that in the book Michelle referred to her friends as "the tribe" the way some refer to LR's fan base.  My post was deleted.  I wish Michelle would write more books she is very good.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I really loved that book and learned so much about both of them.  I made a comment in Fashion boards that in the book Michelle referred to her friends as "the tribe" the way some refer to LR's fan base.  My post was deleted.  I wish Michelle would write more books she is very good.

@beckyb1012 

LR?  I don't go to the Fashion Board.  I would love to hear more from Michelle!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@beckyb1012 

LR?  I don't go to the Fashion Board.  I would love to hear more from Michelle!

Lisa Robertson's haters call her fans Tribe.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lork wrote:

I've read all of the Pickett books, and hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.  I read them in order, and (if you like this one) you should, too.  His family dynamics change as the girls grow up,  I like that everyone is not the most beautiful, smartest, best shot, bravest, etc. in this book.  For me, Box's characters are more like people I know.

@lork 

I am still reading the first, Open Season, and my opinion changes from chapter to chapter!    At first, I got the impression that Joe Pickett is a buffoon, and not very bright.   Then, as things unfold, maybe not.   I am trying to not compare this character to main characters in other books.   Maybe it's just the heat getting to me. lol

His wife usually saves the day. Joe does the legwork, but she, escpecially in her job at the library, is a big help to Joe.

Honored Contributor

It All Comes Down To This, by Therese Anne Fowler,  three grown women with careers and/or families of their own lose their last living parent, their mother.  All in different places in their lives including love and finances.  Mom through her will lays out the way she wants her Estate handled.  While two are happy with the bequests one is not.  The girls come together at the family vacation home and lifelong secrets are revealed, including being in love with a man that belongs to one of the sisters.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Beautiful by Danielle Steel, I really enjoyed this book!  I wish that any person with doubts about how pretty they are, would read this book, I think the author did an excellent job by stating that being "Beautiful" is so much more than skin deep it also depends on the person you are inside that matters!

Honored Contributor

I just finished The Husband Thief, it was very very good, and such a quick read! Very twisty ending too!

I am now starting The Third Mrs Durst, by Ann Aguirre!