Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2022 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Still in jury duty but I did get one book finished this week,

Blood Sugar, by Sascha Rothchild.   At the age of 5 then 16 then again at 25 Ruby as had people in her life die.  Is she a murder or a sociopath, or just a caring young woman who loves helping people as a licensed psychologist?   Then one more person very very close to her dies and a Detective is pushed in the direction to look at all these people in Ruby's past may not have died by natural or accidental means.

Did you like it? Sounds good.

Yes I did. 

Started Golden Couple, by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen last night.  Avery has lost her license as a therapist after videoing taping a couple having an argument in their own home unbeknownst to one of the partners to prove the wife is dominating the husband.  Now she is a "consultant" and helps couples change their lives with 10 visits with her unorthodox ways.  Stumbles into some drama and mysteries.  This book is so good I am taking with me to hopefully my last day of jury duty.  We are going to go way up into the night tonight if necessary since one juror is going on vacation tomorrow.   Down from 12 jurors to 10, one came down with covid another had a car accident over this past weekend.  Discouraging to say the least.  Off to court now.  The money is good though, up to $246.00.

The Golden Couple was superb! I listened to it on audible a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty clever and engaging.  If you've got to do jury duty, it's not a bad way to pass the time. You can buy a lot of book with the money too! 

Regular Contributor

Could not put down Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen.  It's about two former college roommates who get into the fake luxury handbag business.  It has a comic side to it, especially when describing an absolute nightmarish toddler boy!  Very snappy and fast-moving read.  I totally understand why it is a Reese's Book Club pick.  I read an earlier book by the same author called Soy Sauce for Beginners, which I also really enjoyed.   

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for sharing your likes and dislikes for the month of July. 

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. 

Never by Ken Follet great book about politicians and how their decisions could end up with catastrophic results in the future.

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar eye opening adventure of the women who flew planes for the nation during WWII

Enjoy different genres in reading.