Respected Contributor

Re: JULY 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

My zoom Book Club is starting this thriller!  Can't wait to go on this ride!  @icezeus  Thank you for continuing the book club buddies thread!  

6170B1B8-FD7E-48EA-804C-B318879862CC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all, Happy July everyone.  Thanks to icezeus for continuing this topic and thanks to Sunala who kept this going for years (not sure how long).  I'm hoping she'll be back soon either to take it over again or share what she's reading.

Just finished The Blue Agave by Valerie Buchanan.  A fast read and a good book too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@icezeus , thank you for picking up @sunala 's work on the book thread.  ❤️

I just finished The Restorer by Amanda Stevens.  Goodreads rates this 3.89.

The story is about a woman who restores cemeteries and gets involved in a series of murders.  It is also a bit of a romance story which is not usually my thing.  It kept me coming back to find out the ending and the ending left the story open enough for the next book.  I enjoyed this book but I don't think Imcould read a series of it.  S

@Lilysmom1 

I have read and enjoyed three of the five books in this series. Except for book number two  where she was endlessly whining over the male lead and came off more as a teenage girl instead of a grown woman. 

I plan on finishing the series at some point. :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snow Kitten   I absolutely loved Circe.  I read it twice, which I never do.  For me, The Song of Achilles was pretty good, but nowhere as interesting as Circe.  Hope you get it and enjoy it.   

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1   I read The Restorer and agree with you.  It was good, but did not impress me enough to continue with the series.     

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus   thanks so much for getting us into July!

I must be in a reading slump. 

I read The Last Thing He Told Me (Laura Dave) and thought it was just ok.  It's billed as a thriller and I think it's just a domestic drama with a little mystery thrown in.  Not a page turner for me.  

And now I'm reading The Maidens (Alex Michaelides).  I'm about 1/4 in and it has yet to really pull me in.  But as with his other book, The Silent Patient, I felt like nothing happened until the end.  We'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

I finished listening to THE ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF LENNI AND MARGOT by Marianne Cronin and I cried like a baby. I actually cried in the middle of the novel when there was no reason to cry merely because I knew the fate of the character (that’s not a spoiler, even if you don’t read the summary.) Loved many of the characters, but Lenni was particularly special in my opinion.

I have a preorder loading on Tuesday. In the meantime, I decided to take the advice of those on this board and started The Last Flight.
Trusted Contributor

Golden Girl ~ Elin Hilderbrand

The Hotel ~ Pamela Kelley 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus  thank you for continuing this thread. Smiley Happy 

I just starting reading,  That Month In Tuscany by Inglath Cooper.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

I read a very good 3 book series by Jeff Nania:  Figure 8, Spider Lake, and Bough Cutter.  This series takes place in northern Wisconsin.  The main character inherits a lake house and decides to leave his big city life behind and move to the lake.  Crime, mystery, and a little romance follow.  There is some carryover from one book to the next, so reading them in order is a good idea.  The first two are on a super sale now for kindle.

I highly recommend this series and thank the reader who mentioned the series on this thread.