Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

I just started,   It's Better This Way, by Debbie Macomber.   I am enjoying it very much. 

I recently finished, Bookshop by the Sea, by Denise Hunter.    It was okay. I think I expected more from the recommendations I read on other book selling sites. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Again, a book I finished in hours.  It was only 207 pages though.  Kaddish.com by Nathan Englander.  It was totally different from my usual reads and have never read a book like this at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I've been on a reading streak of finishing a book every 2 days it seems.  The latest was The Sinful Lives of Trophy Wives by Kristin Miller.  Reminded me of the Housewives but with a twist I really didn't see coming. 3 and 1/2 stars from me.

@SWEET 

I looked this up on Goodreads and thought this sounds like a good book. Then I fliped over to my Library site to request and they do not have it available in the system. (What a let down)

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Sandford:  Virgil Flowers series....

@Desertdi 

I have deliberately slowed down with this series. I don't wish to be caught up and have to wait for new releases. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished HOW LUCKY by Will Leitch.  The book features an unusual protagonist, a young man confined to a wheelchair by a juvenile version of ALS.  

Presently I am reading FALLING by TJ Newman, a flight attendant.  A pilot's family will be killed if he does not crash a passenger plane.  

I'm half heartedly listening to the first book in a cozy murder knitting series -- KNIT TO KILL.  Meh.  The author is Anne Canedo.

Next up is Chris Bohjalian's HOUR OF THE WITCH.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I've been on a reading streak of finishing a book every 2 days it seems.  The latest was The Sinful Lives of Trophy Wives by Kristin Miller.  Reminded me of the Housewives but with a twist I really didn't see coming. 3 and 1/2 stars from me.

@SWEET 

I looked this up on Goodreads and thought this sounds like a good book. Then I fliped over to my Library site to request and they do not have it available in the system. (What a let down)

@icezeus 

It doesn't come out until 7/20 so there's still hope that they might get it.  I won it on LibraryThing and it's not my normal type of read but I enjoyed it more than I thought.  I also read a book like this recently which I don't recall right now. Books like these sort of blend in together after a while.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

I have deliberately slowed down with this series. I don't wish to be caught up and have to wait for new releases. 

@icezeus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

@icezeus    Have you tried James Patterson"s "Women's Murder Club" series?    Female professionals who can solve murders better than "the guys".     I read the first 20 books.....and, yeah, waiting for the next few ones to order.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I just finished THE KITCHEN FRONT by Jennifer Ryan and enjoyed it.  I would describe it as Home Fires (the WWII tv show on PBS) meets The Great British Baking Show.  Four women in WWII time enter a cooking contest, to show how to make delicious food using their food rations.  The friendship grows between the four women, as the contest goes on.  I really liked it, but it is cooking-heavy, if that is not your forte.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

@icezeus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

@icezeus    Have you tried James Patterson"s "Women's Murder Club" series?    Female professionals who can solve murders better than "the guys".     I read the first 20 books.....and, yeah, waiting for the next few ones to order.     di

@Desertdi 

Yes, I am currently reading Unlucky 13.

Honored Contributor

Finished THE CATCH, and it was really good! Another good one by T.M. Logan..

I am now reading NYPD Red Series by James Patterson!