Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JULY 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

I just finished Knee Deep, book 1 of the Cam Derringer Tropical Adventure Series, by Mac Fortner.  Lots of action in this book based in Key West.  Cam Derringer is a disbarred lawyer, who is now living on a houseboat in the Keys.  His wife disappeared and he believes that she was murdered.  He starts to delve into the criminal underworld and finds both the FBI and an al queda group after him.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I finished The President's Daughter  by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. I absolutely loved this Thriller. The book is about 600 pages and the tittle pretty much tells you what it's about. The Ex president's daughter is kidnapped, as part of a revenge plot for a strike that was ordered before the president left office. In that strike the terrorists wife and daughters were killed. 

I could not read this book fast  enough. It is truly an edge of your seat thriller.  I even became choked up and teary eyed during one portion of the book, which is rare for me while reading a book.

This is my first five star rated book for 2021. 

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke.  Not an easy read but I felt compelled to keep at it partially because it must have been difficult to write and I'd read that one must keep at it then it will be difficult to put down and this is true.

The story is wonderful even if the many descriptions are necessary to take the reader from what is the point of this to "oh I see where this might be going" to wow, what a tale!

@Free2be I loved this book.  i usually get my books from the library but I bought this one because it's a keeper.  Probably not for everyone.  Glad you liked it.

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 @Free2be , just put a hold on Piranesi.  It sounds interesting!  Thanks.  LM

Respected Contributor

@icezeus , just put The Presidents Daughter on hold.  Sounds good!  LM

Respected Contributor

I am about 150 pages into Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman and am really enjoying it.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Just reserved Hillbilly Elegy from the library. Anyone else read it.

My DH and DS sure liked it!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Ok I have been on vacation and did finish two books, First was

The Book of Lost Names-soo good! loved it!

Me, too!

Respected Contributor

I've been on a reading streak of finishing a book every 2 days it seems.  The latest was The Sinful Lives of Trophy Wives by Kristin Miller.  Reminded me of the Housewives but with a twist I really didn't see coming. 3 and 1/2 stars from me.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished listening to THE PAPER PALACE by Miranda Cowley Heller. It contains subject matter that makes it difficult for me to recommend. Frustrated me and often made me angry with an ending I didn't like. Interesting characters, not necessarily likable. It was well written; I just don't think I liked it.

I'm keeping it dark and dreary by next going to Milwaukee during the Dahmer years. Note to self - look for something light to read next!