Respected Contributor

Re: JULY 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

I recently finished "Red Heart" by James Alexander Thom. It is an historical novel re: Indians and white people during the early wars from the East Coast to the Mississippi. It takes two POVs. I hated to finish it and I recommended it to my dh (who rarely reads) and he finished it quickly. 

That is one book I truly treasure.

I am now reading John Grisham's book "Sycamore Row".

This the first book by this  author I am reading. Quite enjoyable and lots of legal details that are interesting. It is about the people involved in some way about a will being hotly contested

Valued Contributor

I just finished reading  DREAM GIRL, by Laura Lippmann, I LOVED this book! It was funny ,interesting facts, the format of the book is interesting, and yet it has murder knitted into the fabric so to see. The Ending is something else!

Valued Contributor

THE NIGHT SWIM, by Megan Goldin, who Wrote ESCAPE Room was a good book too. Although I did like the  ESCAPE Room better. THE WIFE UPSTAIRS by, Rachel Hawkins was   Good, but predictable.

Trusted Contributor

I read The Girl With A Clock For A Heart by Peter Swanson. He usually writes a good book and this one did not disappoint.

I also read The Red Address Book by Sofia Lundberg which I enjoyed immensely. This book has been around for several years so most of you have probably read it but if you have not-try it.

It's about a woman who is 96 years old and approaching the end of her life. It tells her life story through the people who are listed in her address book. A very interesting format and the author made it work.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

Just reserved Hillbilly Elegy from the library. Anyone else read it.

Honored Contributor

A dear friend's third and final daughter just graduated from A&M and as been cleaning out her bedroom at home.  I have been reading tons of young adult books too many to mention.  But have enjoyed going back to high school and even middle school drama!! 

I did read the first two books of Theo Boone written by John Grisham, Kid Lawyer and The Abduction.  I did not know he did a young adult series of crime books.  Wonderful afternoon of reading but only have the first two books.  Enjoying Theo so much and his 13 year old "legal advice life" I am going to find the rest at the library.

I have also finally got a copy of the much anticipated Malibu Rising, by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  The book is good but not great like Daisy Jones and the Six.  Taylor took two years writing this book and it does not read that way.  Still has a bit of the rocker life in it but also feels somewhat Danielle Steel type read.  A bit disappointed.  Four children left without parents making it own their on as young adults in the California celebrity life.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Ok I have been on vacation and did finish two books, First was

The Book of Lost Names-soo good! loved it!

Lies-by T.M. Logan-really good as well with a crazy ending!

I am now reading" THE CATCH, also by T.M. Logan! So far, very good!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Feverishly finished “An Anonymous Girl.” So satisfying suspense story. Much more pleasant reading than “The Guest List “ IMO. Highly recommend.
Honored Contributor

Almost forgot!!!!! I also read THE LAST FLIGHT,while on vacation! It was really good and such a fast read.....

Respected Contributor

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke.  Not an easy read but I felt compelled to keep at it partially because it must have been difficult to write and I'd read that one must keep at it then it will be difficult to put down and this is true.

The story is wonderful even if the many descriptions are necessary to take the reader from what is the point of this to "oh I see where this might be going" to wow, what a tale!