Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

Olympus Texas

Respected Contributor

Just finished Mariah Stewart's Invincible Summer.  I love friendship books.  It's refreshing to read about women in their late 50s and act so young.  I can't wait for the sequel coming out next year.

Valued Contributor

Just finished While Justice Sleeps by Stacy Abrahms.  It's about a law clerk, who clerks for a Supreme Court Justice.  The clerk needs to solve a mystery that the Justice has uncovered.  Well written and nicely paced suspense story.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@smoky22 wrote:

I read The Maidens and don't know how to review it without giving something away.  Even the most obvious comment about it could be considered a spoiler.  I'm anxious to hear from anyone else who has read it.  A good topic for a spoiler thread.       

Did you like "The Maidens"? I have it on hold at the library and want to know if it's worthwhile as there are 20 people ahead of me on the list. A "yes" or "no" would be OK without giving anything away. Woman Happy

Oh @teganslaw  you had to ask, lol.  I wish I could just say yes or no but the truth is, it's both yes and no.  I'm sorry.  I'm glad I read it, if that helps.  I wanted to throw it against the wall when I finished it.  Alas, it's on my kindle, though, so I didn't do it.         

Respected Contributor

Today I finished Good Company by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney.  This book tells a bighearted story of the lifelong relationships that both wound and heal us.  This book was great and I highly recommend it.  

Respected Contributor

Hush Little Girl. Lisa Regan

The Paris Apartment. Kelly Bowen

Lies to Tell. Marion Todd

What They Knew. Marion Todd

What's Done in Darkness. Laure McHugh

Legacy. Nora Roberts

Respected Contributor

Just finished Red Book (James Patterson and some other author) which is a sequel to Black Book.  It was not bad, 3/5, maybe 3.5/5, but not as good as Black Book IMO.  LM

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Just finished Mariah Stewart's Invincible Summer.  I love friendship books.  It's refreshing to read about women in their late 50s and act so young.  I can't wait for the sequel coming out next year.

Hi @SWEET   I loved that book as well.  I, too, am looking forward to the next book! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I listened to That Month In Tuscany by Inglath Cooper.  I'm not sure if it was the story, the  readers, me  or all of the above...............but I didn't enjoy it.  It seemed slow paced, there was a random plot involving the daughter..........just not her best story, imo.  

Now, I am listening to Bookshop By The Sea by Denise Hunter.  So far, so good. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

Just finished Red Book (James Patterson and some other author) which is a sequel to Black Book.  It was not bad, 3/5, maybe 3.5/5, but not as good as Black Book IMO.  LM

@Lilysmom1 

How disappointing. I have this book available for pickup at my Library.