Honored Contributor

JASON BOURNE - BOOKS AND MOVIES

[ Edited ]

This came as a suprise to me .......

Robert Ludlum wrote three Bourne books and all were made into very good movies.  I loved them.

Then, Robert Ludlum died in 2001.

Subsequent to his death, author Eric Van Lustbader wrote ELEVEN Bourne novels .... and the publisher wouldn't have published them if they weren't selling, right?

Last week at the library, I randomly picked up #8 in Lustbader's series and am finding it very good.  I sometimes see Matt Damon's face while reading it, but so what?

My question is ... has anyone else read the Lustbader series.  I don't know if they're sequential or stand alone, and am still surprised they exist.  lol

Is anyone here familiar with these Bourne novels?

Honored Contributor

Re: JASON BOURNE - BOOKS AND MOVIES

@Tinkrbl44   I only read the Ludlum books.  I have no intention of reading another author that has taken over a story.

I don't usually read book series that are taken over by another author.  The only time I have done so was reading Ann Rice's son vamp/fantasy/witch novels who took over after his mother died.   Not as good as his mother. 

I'm done!

Imitated but never duplicated.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Occasional Contributor

Re: JASON BOURNE - BOOKS AND MOVIES

I've read them but it's been a while - probably as they were released.  

I had to laugh at your Matt Damon comment - you see Matt - I see Richard Chamberlain as he and Jaclyn Smith starred in "The Bourne Identity" back in the 80s.