Honored Contributor

Re: JANUARY 2023 & HAPPY NEW YEAR. READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@icezeus wrote:

I finished Daylight (An Atlee Pine series #3) by David Baldacci. I am just really disappointed with this series. I really enjoyed the first book, however  the series has  become boring.  There is only one book left to read, but I really do not care at this point. I will not be finishing the series. 

I rated the book 2/5 stars on Goodreads. 

This is when I am reminded how happy I am that a majority of my books come from the library and no out of pocket expense for me. 

Oh I hate to hear you were disappointed with the series.  When I finished the final book I was so sad for it to be over.  I did just send back to the library his 6:20 man without finishing it, incredibly booooooring.  But his Memory Man Long Shadows redeemed himself.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Madly, Deeply:  The Diaries of Alan Rickman.  Diary and some of his own illustrations from 1993 to 2015.  I loved him as an actor and thought Marianne in Sense and Sensibility got the better man between him and Willoughby.  One thing so far in the book I did not know about Alan he met his wife as teenagers and they were together till then to the end.  Yet they did not marry until 2012.  Interesting book but a great many entries of people we have never heard of.  If someone refused to let him pay for a meal or anything he would only say two words "Harry and Potter."   He loved giving.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012  I have the Alan Rickman book on waitlist and really looking forward to reading it.  Yes, loved him in Sense and Sensibility.  Unfortunately I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, so I didn't get the reference to Harry Potter in relation to giving.  Maybe the book will explain it.

Honored Contributor

Finished The Mother's Promise! It was so good. I knew it would be sad, so I expected that-but loved the characters and storyline-such a good book! It was by Sally Hepworth.-Another good book by her! Love this author.

I am now starting A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham-recommended by someone on this board!

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@beckyb1012  I have the Alan Rickman book on waitlist and really looking forward to reading it.  Yes, loved him in Sense and Sensibility.  Unfortunately I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, so I didn't get the reference to Harry Potter in relation to giving.  Maybe the book will explain it.

He made a great deal of money making the movie.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012  Thanks.  Now it makes sense.  I might have to (finally) watch the Harry Potter movies. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing your likes and dislikes for the month of January

This thread is now closed.