Honored Contributor

Re: JANUARY 2023 & HAPPY NEW YEAR. READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

I am reading Run Rose, Run.  Dolly Parton and James Patterson.  I got it for Christmas and wanted to read it because I love all things Dolly!  I am about half way through.  I don't know if I feel it's very good or not.  As of this point, I think it's so-so.  

I just finished an old book by Dorothea Benton Frank called Folly Beach.  It was wonderful.  I love anything this woman wrote.  I am sad that she is gone.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 , I love Dorothea Benton Frank's books and they're all on my want list. I even put them on my Christmas list but will have to get them for myself because that wish was ignoredWoman Very Happy

Just finished A Spanish Sunrise by Boo Walker: "A widowed father and his young daughter embark on a life-changing journey in a heartening novel of family and second chances..." It was a really enjoyable read to get me through the holidays this year, a time when my emotions run wild. I really enjoy his writing, this is the third of his that I've read and they've all been really good.

Just started Beyond the Moonlit Sea by Julianne MacLean about a pilot whose plane disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle, something I've not heard about in years. Just started this one but it sure has my attention.

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover  just a note about moving to Michigan.  We are originally from Wisconsin, so not that much different from Michigan.  Our detour into southern living turned out to be an interesting 10 year experiment.  Seems like we are northerners after all, and closer to family here. 

Respected Contributor

I finished Desert Star by Michael Connelly.  Thanks for the recommendation.  A,ways enjoy this author.  It took a turn that surprised me.  A good book.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

I finished Desert Star by Michael Connelly.  Thanks for the recommendation.  A,ways enjoy this author.  It took a turn that surprised me.  A good book.  LM

It did?? I'm in the middle of it right now. Liking it a lot. At this point I can't think what the "turn" might be. Don't tell me! Looking forward to it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Lilysmom1 

Me too..

Honored Contributor

I am also reading The Things We Keep, by Sally Hepworth. It is very good so far!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Judaline , no spoilers!  Enjoy.  LM

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The last 2 books I read were:

The Fortunes of Jaded Women - Carolyn Huynh which I really enjoyed.

An American Marriage - Tayari Jones.  Wasn't sure if I wanted to read this one but it was pretty good.

Esteemed Contributor

Reading "The Last White Rose" by Alison Weir. It's about Elizabeth of York, mother of Henry V111. I like Weir's writing; she brings the characters to life. I don't know how historically accurate the books are, but that doesn't matter to me. Her stories are very interesting.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain