Esteemed Contributor

JAMES PATTERSON'S THE BLACK BOOK

Actually it is by James Patterson and David Ellis.  I highly recommend reading it.   I have four books on a shelf right now that I just can't wrap my head around, but "The Black Book" was a page turner from page one.  I read it in four days, couldn't put it down.  If you are a fan of James Patterson, check this one out, you won't be disappointed.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JAMES PATTERSON'S THE BLACK BOOK

I liked James Patterson's Alex Cross books, and a few of his stand alone novels were good. I haven't read his recent books; although maybe I'll check out The Black Book sometime. He must have other people do most of the writing, though. How else could he publish that many books within a year?

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Actually it is by James Patterson and David Ellis.  I highly recommend reading it.   I have four books on a shelf right now that I just can't wrap my head around, but "The Black Book" was a page turner from page one.  I read it in four days, couldn't put it down.  If you are a fan of James Patterson, check this one out, you won't be disappointed.

@Lindsays Grandma

I will add this to my TBR list. 

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I liked James Patterson's Alex Cross books, and a few of his stand alone novels were good. I haven't read his recent books; although maybe I'll check out The Black Book sometime. He must have other people do most of the writing, though. How else could he publish that many books within a year?

I liked his Alex Cross books too.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma. Thanks! This is on my to be read list!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma. Thanks! This is on my to be read list!

Please post after you have read it, would love to know if you liked it.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

You sound very knowledgeable about this author ......   are they written in a series, or all stand alone books?   If I want to read one of his books, is there a beginning point?   What do you recommend?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

You sound very knowledgeable about this author ......   are they written in a series, or all stand alone books?   If I want to read one of his books, is there a beginning point?   What do you recommend?

Actually I'm not that knowledgeable about James Patterson. I have read a number of his books that looked appealing and always enjoyed them.  I wish I could give you more information about him but I recommend you start with "The Black Book" and go from there.  Good luck. Heart

Honored Contributor

I am in the middle of this book right now and love it!!!!!

It starts off with a bang, like most of James Patterson's books do, and it is really good. I am only reading on my lunch hour, but each day I can't wait to pick it up!!!!!lol!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@teganslaw I have often wondered that. Ever since I saw someone else's name on his books, I figured he is just lending his name to ensure revenue and the other person may be writing the bulk of the book under Patterson's guidance. I could be all wrong on that, but it seems that way to me.

Although I occasionally see other others with a second name on the cover, it is not all the time, like it seems to me that Patterson's books now are.