Esteemed Contributor

JAMES PATTERSON NYPD RED FANS

Anyone who enjoys James Patterson books comes to accept the fact that his books are usually written with a co-author. 

One of his series books that I enjoy is named NYPD Red. I was talking with a GF last night about this series, and noticed that he had a 7th book that would be released during the month of November. 

Today, I decided to look it up and reserve if possible and I can't find it under James Patterson. (WHAT)

Come to find out that the 7th book will be written by his co-author for the other books in the series Marshall Karp.

I have never seen where he has basically turned over a series to another author. I do not know if he is just too busy or perhaps Marshall Karp has written most of the previous books and wants more recognition. 

I was just surprised and I will definitely be reading. I am just sharing the information. 

Respected Contributor

Re: JAMES PATTERSON NYPD RED FANS

I enjoy the books he co-writes with David Ellis.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus  I love this series.  I just finished Run, Rose, Run - the collaboration with Patterson and Dolly Parton.   It was a struggle to finish it....seemed to drag out too long 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the information, @icezeus.  That is very surprising.  Maybe James Patterson is inching toward retirement.